Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PSS quote arrived

PSS quote arrived

Old Nov 14th 2003, 9:52 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default PSS quote arrived

The postie has just delivered the quote from PSS Ill give them their due it came extremely quickly, I still havent got one from White and Company.
It is £1973.00 with 4 wks free storage at this end and then £19 a wk after that.
That is for 540 cubic feet which I have no idea how much that is in size and by the way the estimator showed absolutely no interest when I was telling him what we were taking I dont know how he can be that accurate. Am not convince we will not have to pay exta in the end especially as it says any additional volume chargeable pro rata
Will wait for White and Companys quote before I make a decision
Old Nov 14th 2003, 11:31 am
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PSS quote arrived

Sky
It was the good deal on the storage that made us choose PSS in the end. The actual shipping costs were very similar in all quotes (except John Mason who were extortionate) but the flexibility and price of PSS storage was what swung it.

Interestingly I didn't know that PSS had a storage depot in Yorkshire, which is where our stuff was taken. I was expecting it to go to Croydon, so it was quite a shock when we were told by the removal guys that they were taking it to Yorkshire!
Old Nov 14th 2003, 11:58 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PSS quote arrived

Originally posted by ohsohopeful
Sky
It was the good deal on the storage that made us choose PSS in the end. The actual shipping costs were very similar in all quotes (except John Mason who were extortionate) but the flexibility and price of PSS storage was what swung it.

Interestingly I didn't know that PSS had a storage depot in Yorkshire, which is where our stuff was taken. I was expecting it to go to Croydon, so it was quite a shock when we were told by the removal guys that they were taking it to Yorkshire!
Yes when I rang for them to come do a quote I even asked if they operated up North ... half expecting them to not (we often dont exist up here according to some of the bigger companies) so was pleasantly surprised that they did.
That was about the only thing that pleasantly surprised me about PSS though lol