Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PSS marine insurance form

PSS marine insurance form

Old Dec 23rd 2004, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future
Default PSS marine insurance form

Trying to fill out the form where you have to list all the stuff you want insured. One column lists all the different items- sofa, bookcase, dvd etc. The next column lists the number of items and the third column is for the replacement value. It's the column for the number of items that has me confused- it's fairly straight forward for things like dvd players- we are taking 2, but how specific do I have to be for other items- do I really have to count and list how many cd's, shoes, jackets, towels etc or do I just estimate their total value and leave the number column blank?
I called them to ask but they'd all gone home.
Thanks in advance if anyone can help
yv

Last edited by YFitz; Dec 23rd 2004 at 4:37 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 9:23 pm
C&V
Sydneysider

C&V is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PSS marine insurance form

Hi

We used PSS and had to fill in that massive form too. We estimated numbers for things like cutlery and cd's. You are expected to fill in that column - better to over estimate the numbers in case you have to make a claim on anything at the other end. I know how much of a pain that one is!

Good luck!

C&V
Old Dec 24th 2004, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future
Default Re: PSS marine insurance form

Originally Posted by C&V
Hi

We used PSS and had to fill in that massive form too. We estimated numbers for things like cutlery and cd's. You are expected to fill in that column - better to over estimate the numbers in case you have to make a claim on anything at the other end. I know how much of a pain that one is!

Good luck!

C&V
Cheers C&V,
Do you know I have taken that sodding form out on 4 different days, spent an hour looking at it then put it away again. Aaaaaarggh. It's driving me mad. It should be such a straight forward thing to do so why am I making such a big deal about it We are going in 13 days though so i've got to get a move on. Any ideas how I fill in the bit about sporting items....it's easy to count how mant tennis racquets we have but do we also count golf balls, fishing lures?? if so i could be be writing 150 in the no. of items column
Yv