Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PSS International Removals

PSS International Removals

Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

RogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura about
Default PSS International Removals

I used this company as a result of recommendations from this forum. I had 4 quotes from other companies and PSS came out as one of the cheapest. From the initial estimate they were absolutely perfect! The packers packed our belongings in 2 days and were helpful, efficient and friendly. Our goods arrived in Melbourne on the day we were quoted and delivered to our new home on the day promised by Kent International, unpacked efficiently and in a helpful manner. And guess what? Absolutely NOTHING missing or broken! None of our goods even showed any signs of the journey.
My wife and I cannot speak highly enough of PSS.
And after 3 months here it is wonderful, just wonderful, no regrets, no thoughts of the UK, just looking forward to every day in this fabulous place. Our quality of life has increased beyond belief, even the food has more flavour here and of course the cost of living is much less.
To all those waiting to come, be patient, the wait is worth it.
We also brought our 2 dogs by Golden Arrow Shippers and I have posted seperately about them.
Regards to all who post on this forum, it was invaluable to me when preparing to emigrate.
Roger
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:24 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PSS International Removals

Originally Posted by RogerUK
I used this company as a result of recommendations from this forum. I had 4 quotes from other companies and PSS came out as one of the cheapest. From the initial estimate they were absolutely perfect! The packers packed our belongings in 2 days and were helpful, efficient and friendly. Our goods arrived in Melbourne on the day we were quoted and delivered to our new home on the day promised by Kent International, unpacked efficiently and in a helpful manner. And guess what? Absolutely NOTHING missing or broken! None of our goods even showed any signs of the journey.
And after 3 months here it is wonderful, just wonderful, no regrets, no thoughts of the UK, just looking forward to every day in this fabulous place. Our quality of life has increased beyond belief, even the food has more flavour here and of course the cost of living is much less.
We also brought our 2 dogs by Golden Arrow Shippers and I have posted seperately about them.
Regards to all who post on this forum, it was invaluable to me when preparing to emigrate.
Roger
Thank you for your recommendations, It's lovely to hear you're enjoying your new life. Which airline did you use and would you recommend them also?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:30 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Roger
I can second both recommendations, no breakages with PSS, and the service great at both ends! A small world too, walking with my daughter in Brisbane, some guy in a truck shouted out at us, only to find it was the guys who had unloaded our stuff here two months previously! Also recommend Golden Arrow, Thomas turned up safe well and healthy and looking really smart!
Can I also recommend then too Singapore Airlines, great customer relations, and really clean and efficient!!
ViVi
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:44 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Roger
Many Thanks Roger
We are in the process of trying to sort out a shipping company to get our stuff to Brissie and your recommendations are invaluable.

Glad to hear your enjoying your new life
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:48 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Roger

Would everyone please stop praising PSS! We are trying to get them to come round and quote but can't get an appointment they are so busy. I might even register under another username and start slagging them off
Old Jul 12th 2005, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice

Roger
Hi Roger,

Great post, so glad that all is working out well for you. We too are moving to Melbourne in November, whereabouts are you? We have provisional booked PSS to come and pack our stuff next Thursday, just waiting for the exchange on the house today or tomorrow then we can give them the goahead. We have a black labrador (George) who is nearly 2 years old so it was good to read your recommendation of Golden Arrow, where are they based? We did think that we would use Airpets as we are only about 1/2 from Heathrow airport and can take him to their kennels by the airport not too long before his flight.

Tracy
Old Jul 12th 2005, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

RogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura about

Tracy
Golden Arrow are based in Lydbury North Shropshire, tel 01588680240 and we are living near Wangaratta about 2 1/2 hours north east of Melbourne. Good luck with your move.
We used Quantas and had no complaints there either. Flights on time, bags of room in the seats, food good, cheerful crew.
Roger
Old Jul 12th 2005, 2:15 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Looking into this at the moment - are these the guys you're talking about?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 2:16 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Roger
Thats really good to hear Roger, we had a chap out from PSS last week he was really nice explained everything and the quote has come today.

Possoms