Reload this Page >

PSS Insurance or Letton Percival

PSS Insurance or Letton Percival

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:34 pm
C

NEILL & SHARON MILLS is on a distinguished road
Default PSS Insurance or Letton Percival

Hi
Has anyone out there used Letton Percival Insurance instead of PSS Insurance. We are using PSS for removals and have decided to look at Letton Percival for Insurance, because it seems alot cheaper. We explained this to PSS, and they have sent us a disclaimer letter for us to sign, stating that 'we cannot hold PSS or its agents responsible for any misdemeanour, delay, damage, loss or anything else relating to the shipment.' We are a little concerned now who exactly will cover the costs if anything happens to our belongings. Has anyone else had a letter of this nature.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:40 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of
Default Re: PSS Insurance or Letton Percival

Originally Posted by NEILL & SHARON MILLS
Hi
Has anyone out there used Letton Percival Insurance instead of PSS Insurance. We are using PSS for removals and have decided to look at Letton Percival for Insurance, because it seems alot cheaper. We explained this to PSS, and they have sent us a disclaimer letter for us to sign, stating that 'we cannot hold PSS or its agents responsible for any misdemeanour, delay, damage, loss or anything else relating to the shipment.' We are a little concerned now who exactly will cover the costs if anything happens to our belongings. Has anyone else had a letter of this nature.
I've got John Masons coming tomorrow and am using Letton Percival insurance. Soooo much cheaper. Don't remember seeing a disclaimer to that effect, but have been up to my eyes in paperwork recently!! As long as John Masons pack everything Letton Percival will fully insure everything.

Sorry I can't be of much help!!

I'm sure somebody here will know.

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Hi
Thats a common insurance sales tool, its designed to make you worry and take their insurance. from what I gathered on here most shippers use letton percival anyway they charge more for the pleasure.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:47 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Hi, we had a quote from Overs Removals/Shippers together with their insurance. We also got a quote from Letton Percival because they did seem cheaper. However when reading the small print, we don't have to pay any excess with the Overs insurance and there were a few other bits and bobs that we weren't happy with with the Letton insurance. We decided to stay with the Overs insurance. Don't know whether this helps you but I'd say read the policies carefully. Best wishes.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I've just sent my cheque to Letton Percival for their insurance. At 1.53% rather than 3% they were a lot lower than crown and the difference seemed to be that the excess was higher with Letton.

I worked out that even if we lost just £300 worth of stuff the 1% excess on Letton was still going to make the total insurance cost cheaper than Crown. Less that £300 pounds probably wouldn't be worth claiming on Letton and would be less than the extra cost if we had chosen crown.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 9:52 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

We were going to use Percivel Letton, but with their rate we had to insure everything, we enquired about insuring just our valuble stuff and the rate went higher than PSS.

We've just made a claim with their insurance and they're paying $2000 to have our settees repaired.

The strange thng was we asked for a cheque up front and the guy said he wouldn't know how to send one in a different currency.

Theycan't have a lot of claims they're an overseas shipping insurance company ffs if they don't know who does
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Bird is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have a link or contact details for Letton Percival?

We've just booked Doree Bonner and their insurance is 3%. My first thought was that this is a little expensive.