Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PSS/Chess Removals - review

PSS/Chess Removals - review

Old Dec 24th 2005, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default PSS/Chess Removals - review

Had our items delivered a couple of days ago.
Our things were a mixed lot - some boxes we had packed ourselves and were not covered by insurance. Other larger items were packed by and collected by PSS in the UK and handled, stored and delivered in Perth by Chess Removals.

We had a couple of minor breakages in the things we packed. They were packed well but it just goes to show how boxes get thrown around. Nothing too heartbreaking - but still frustrating.

The most disappointing aspect was a scratched dining table top and a leg completely broken off a smaller (very expensive) table. Ironically these items were packed by PSS in the UK (and named separately on our insurance schedule).

The interesting aspect in all of this is who is actually liable? The guys who packed and collected it? PSS' handling? Chess at this end?

Anyhow we are insured by Letton Percival - I'll keep you posted on how the claim progresses.

BTW - a tip. When your items are delivered, if you have not had a chance to inspect the items before signing the delivery sheet, ALWAYS sign as 'goods unchecked' - no matter what kind of pressure the delivery chaps put on you.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 7:38 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Re: PSS/Chess Removals - review

We used PSS in uk and as we are in Sydney - Kents at this end and cannot compliment them enough. One breakage - my fault - put two flower pots inside each other without packing.
Both ends the staff were magnificent and nothing was too much trouble. No stress and no rushing us.
Sorry you had problems - hope the insurance pays up.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

stevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Our things were a mixed lot - some boxes we had packed ourselves and were not covered by insurance. Other larger items were packed by and collected by PSS in the UK and handled, stored and delivered in Perth by Chess Removals.

We had a couple of minor breakages in the things we packed. They were packed well but it just goes to show how boxes get thrown around. Nothing too heartbreaking - but still frustrating.

The most disappointing aspect was a scratched dining table top and a leg completely broken off a smaller (very expensive) table. Ironically these items were packed by PSS in the UK (and named separately on our insurance schedule).

The interesting aspect in all of this is who is actually liable? The guys who packed and collected it? PSS' handling? Chess at this end?

Anyhow we are insured by Letton Percival - I'll keep you posted on how the claim progresses.

BTW - a tip. When your items are delivered, if you have not had a chance to inspect the items before signing the delivery sheet, ALWAYS sign as 'goods unchecked' - no matter what kind of pressure the delivery chaps put on you.
I have recently had items delivered and broken by the same company. We were insured by a company receomended by pss and had to clain via internet at [email protected]. After trying 12 times without reply and contacting Pss on their site which was ignored, I got my parents to contact PSS by phone in the UK. They seem very evasive and I still have no claims form. The insurance cost £491 I will let you know how we get on.
Old Dec 25th 2005, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Location: Back to UK Oct 05,Gold Coast Feb 05, Perth Jan 2005 (South Wales b4 that)
Wal10 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stevieuk123
I have recently had items delivered and broken by the same company. We were insured by a company receomended by pss and had to clain via internet at [email protected]. After trying 12 times without reply and contacting Pss on their site which was ignored, I got my parents to contact PSS by phone in the UK. They seem very evasive and I still have no claims form. The insurance cost £491 I will let you know how we get on.
I'm still waiting for [email protected] covering PSS breakages to pay out for claim ongoing since July. Yes, very evasive, they just leave me hanging.
Old Dec 25th 2005, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

stevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the roughstevieuk123 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Wal10
I'm still waiting for [email protected] covering PSS breakages to pay out for claim ongoing since July. Yes, very evasive, they just leave me hanging.
Thats interesting, have youthought of going to the insurance omnisman in the Uk to report this? If there are any more people we could all report this.
Old Dec 26th 2005, 1:02 am
Sydney bound!

JF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by stevieuk123
Thats interesting, have youthought of going to the insurance omnisman in the Uk to report this? If there are any more people we could all report this.
We've justed informed PSS of a damaged television and are waiting to hear from them.....doesn't sound good then...
Old Dec 26th 2005, 2:45 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

We used PSS absolute arseholes unpacked my tools (razor sharp chisels etc)and put them in with my kids toys rammed all sorts into totally unsuitable boxes logged stuff on the manifest that we didn't have missed stuff we did. Professional????????????? the pricks who packed our gear hadn't a clue
Old Dec 26th 2005, 9:32 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

We used PSS and Kents here in Sydney - full of praise. No breakages, no rushing etc. Always got back to us swiftly when we rang with a query but sounds like a good thing we don't have to lodge an insurance claim.

Binbird
Old Dec 26th 2005, 9:48 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

We used PSS and our stuff srrived in brissie port on Nov 11th. We received it on Dec 14th yeah I know anopther 8 weeks down the line. Also we were 1 box short on delivery

Anyway spoke to Chess TransNational and they inform me the box was never shipped from the UK. So spoke to PSS who tell me it';; be a couple of weeks when I hear anything as they have to do a warehouse check. The stuff that is in the box we canm wait for but that isnt the point. The fact that they have lost it and it could have been any box (have photos in it for eg). We trust these people with our belongings and hope that they are intact when they reach us.

We are insured so I guess Ill be making a claim if they don't find anything.

Ang
Old Dec 26th 2005, 12:37 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

did you sort out your own insurance with letton percival or was it through the removal company, hope you get the claim sorted tho.

cheers

andy
Old Dec 26th 2005, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woody1974
did you sort out your own insurance with letton percival or was it through the removal company, hope you get the claim sorted tho.

cheers

andy
I organised it myself after reading positive reviews on this site. They have been very professional thus far but as ever the proof is in the claim!!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:02 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

I organised it myself after reading positive reviews on this site. They have been very professional thus far but as ever the proof is in the claim!!

thanks alot but don't think it matters going by the problems everyone is having, even using the companies the removal people use. its saves a little bit as well if it is 1.5% as they charge 3%.

thanks again

andy