Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PSS can PSS off in our opinion.

PSS can PSS off in our opinion.

Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

asfry is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry PSS can PSS off in our opinion.

We are in the middle of getting removals quotes in and have contacted several movers to get quotes.

PSS have rudely refused to send someone out to give us a quote as we are not doing a full shipment. They said we had to fill in a form saying exactly what we were taking and to estimate how many suitcases of clothes it'd be etc... Hardly the most accurate way to get a quote. Or if we tell them a quote from someone else they will quote us from that. I don't think so!!

They are the only company that we have contacted to do this. It wouldn't be so bad but they base only 20 or so miles away from where we live.

Also discovered that Britannia are not a member of BAR Overseas, they withdrew membership last year.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PSS can PSS off in our opinion.

Hi asfry

We have just gone through the whole shipping experience. We too only have personal items to be shipped, not a whole house full. Not one of the companies we called would come out, however John Masons were wonderful on the phone and were prepared to talk us through what we had and did a quote over the phone for us. We ended up going with them and they packed everything really well (My hubby is an ex removalist and he watched with an eagle eye) and the guys sent out were totally professional and friendly.

Cant complain at all about any of our experience with John Mason to date...

Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hels
Hi asfry

We have just gone through the whole shipping experience. We too only have personal items to be shipped, not a whole house full. Not one of the companies we called would come out, however John Masons were wonderful on the phone and were prepared to talk us through what we had and did a quote over the phone for us. We ended up going with them and they packed everything really well (My hubby is an ex removalist and he watched with an eagle eye) and the guys sent out were totally professional and friendly.

Hi Hels,

That makes our experiences so far sound ok in that case. How much cubic footage did you use and waht were you quoted if you don't mind my asking?

So far we've had John Mason, International Moving Company, Anglo Pacific and Birtannia come to see us in person. John Mason looking best at mo but only had quotes from Anglo P. and Intl. Moving Co. in writing so far.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by asfry
Hi Hels,

That makes our experiences so far sound ok in that case. How much cubic footage did you use and waht were you quoted if you don't mind my asking?

So far we've had John Mason, International Moving Company, Anglo Pacific and Birtannia come to see us in person. John Mason looking best at mo but only had quotes from Anglo P. and Intl. Moving Co. in writing so far.

We used about 25 cubes and our quote was £298.

I would be very cautious using Anglo....they are "affectionatly" known on here as ***** ********....if you do a search in the forum for ***** ********, you will find a post there from Pollyana....have a read....

Where are you guys heading?
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

Seems like you must have caught someone on a bad day, I phoned PSS and Allied Pickfords, and arranged for someone to visit to give us a quote with no problems.

They only asked for our address and where we were moving to
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:59 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

I have crown coming out 2moro for a quote, from what i have told them they gave said i have about 300cubic feet.

15 boxes, 2 beds and a bar they have said approx £1700 AGHHHHHHHH

Does that sound right,

The beds are wooden frames so they collaps 1 is king and the other is double.

The only reason I am bothering isbecause my bar (yes the brinking variety) is my baby and I want to take that.

Have looked into doing it myself but I dont have enough to fill a 20! container.

anyone goin form sussex in sept/oct to perth wanna share a 20' container let me know. we can save a bloody fortune

Cheers
Kla
Old Aug 11th 2004, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jwinch
Seems like you must have caught someone on a bad day, I phoned PSS and Allied Pickfords, and arranged for someone to visit to give us a quote with no problems.

They only asked for our address and where we were moving to

We have called PSS 3 times now and got same response every time. Oh well, their loss!

We've been quoted very differing ammounts of space.
Britannia quoted 181 cubic feet, Intl. Moving Co. quoted 250-260 cubic feet and Anglo Pacific quoted 230 cubic feet.

Prices so far ranging from 1180 to 1500.
Old Aug 11th 2004, 9:57 pm
At last! We're here!!!

alison_g is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by asfry
We are in the middle of getting removals quotes in and have contacted several movers to get quotes.

PSS have rudely refused to send someone out to give us a quote as we are not doing a full shipment. They said we had to fill in a form saying exactly what we were taking and to estimate how many suitcases of clothes it'd be etc... Hardly the most accurate way to get a quote. Or if we tell them a quote from someone else they will quote us from that. I don't think so!!

They are the only company that we have contacted to do this. It wouldn't be so bad but they base only 20 or so miles away from where we live.

Also discovered that Britannia are not a member of BAR Overseas, they withdrew membership last year.
Hi
Just thought I would let you know that someone I know also went with PSS and they couldn't get anyone out to them in time. However, Louise at PSS spent about an hour on the phone with her and went through what they were taking and was able to quote with that info. PSS went there last week to pack up as agreed and the cubic feet was just as they had quoted with the exception of 2 items.
We have got them coming to visit us tomorrow for a full quote, we have had to wait a few weeks as they are fully booked for Aug so I hope it will be worth it. Do you know you can do a web quote with them and they will send you the quote in the post.

Good Luck and don't be put off by your first enquiry, they have had many good reviews and I guess cos they only deal in international removals they should be good at their job.

Ali
Old Aug 12th 2004, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi all

We've got Pickfords coming today, PSS coming next week and Bishops Move next week. John Mason wouldn't come out to give us a quote, even though we are taking (almost) the whole house, as we live too far south for them to visit although they will give us a quote over the phone from someone elses quote. They'll come and pack and ship once they've got the business but won't visit beforehand..............I don't think so!!!!

Lindsey
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:46 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Hels
Hi asfry

That's nice to know as we are also using John Masons. Just hope it all goes as smoothly at the other end!

Steve.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SteveBannister
That's nice to know as we are also using John Masons. Just hope it all goes as smoothly at the other end!

Steve.

I will let you know how we get on. They were really good when we found out the house sale fell through on the day they packed everything and took it away...Said they would hold on to it for us and even said that we wouldnt have to pay storage costs for an extra few weeks which was really nice of them...

Hope you have as good an experience as we have