Pss

Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice
Default Re: Pss

I say it again after being charged a small fortune to have the outside of the container comm issioned by PSS cleaned at Brisbane I spoke to the owner of the company he shouted at me and and asked me what he was supposed to do about it I said pay it he laughed and mo re or less told me to F** off
without a doubt the most unprofessional rude nasty person i have ever dealt with
so you may be lucky and get good employees but the owner is an absolute shit !!!!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:54 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by debbiemc
sorry if this is a daft question and going slightly off thread but, say your stuff is shipped out and left in port before you get there, how long can it stay and whats the process at the other end?

ta deb

I believe that PSS allow two weeks, after that it goes into storage and its a certain amount per week (not a lot but i dont know what it is as it was not something we considered .. others may be able to give you exact figures)
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cam_uk
I've read lots of threads on here about PSS and most of them have been average to poor ..

I'd just like to say that our stuff arrived from the uk today (yipee!!) and we are VERY happy with the service ... nothing needing 'cleaning' by the quarrenteen (sp!) guys and every thing arived in perfect condition (except a small crack in a mirror but that may well have been me ..

If anyone is thinking about using them i for one would say go for it !!!
After the $2000 worth of damage that they did to our settees and the box of all my linen that they managed to loose so I had no towels or bedding when our stuff arrived, I would definately not recommend them. The furniture repairers were shocked at the damage
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:43 pm
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rachel1978
After the $2000 worth of damage that they did to our settees and the box of all my linen that they managed to loose so I had no towels or bedding when our stuff arrived, I would definately not recommend them. The furniture repairers were shocked at the damage
I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you had, maybe its just luck of the drawer with any of these shippers
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you had, maybe its just luck of the drawer with any of these shippers

Should think alot depends on what guys you have on the day to pack it all, some are probably better than others. Glad your things all arrived in good condition
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:55 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Was it chess?

To be honest, we unpacked ourselves so that maybe why we had no problems

The guys helped me upstairs with the boxes i wanted upstairs and then i said that will do ... me and the wife spent all day yesterday unpacking and putting beds etc together!!!
Yes it was Chess. PSS assured me that they would never use them again. We heard them dropping the wall unit as they carried it in. I suppose it also depends which team of people you get. Ours were a Kiwi father and son and they were none too bright.

Jane
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:59 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
sorry if this is a daft question and going slightly off thread but, say your stuff is shipped out and left in port before you get there, how long can it stay and whats the process at the other end?

ta deb
Its not allowed to arrive in Australia before you do. You'll have to store it in the UK before it gets shipped. PSS give you 2 free weeks and then you have to pay a small storage fee per week.

Jane
Old Feb 6th 2006, 11:24 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buttercup
How long ago did you send it off? Our's left London in end of October and it's at brisbane port but it's been there since Xmas eve and we still can't get at it Is that normal??
Ours took about 6 weeks to clear, so sounds about normal in your case.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

Bengyboo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
Its not allowed to arrive in Australia before you do. You'll have to store it in the UK before it gets shipped. PSS give you 2 free weeks and then you have to pay a small storage fee per week.

Jane
It can arrive before you do, we made sure ours arrived 3 weeks before us, so it was delivered the day after we arrived.

If you have children in my opinion definitely better to "live without" in the UK where you have friends and family to help, than to be without your homely stuff when you hit Oz. It really helped us settle in.

We also used PSS and they were fine, I agree probably dependant on packers/unpackers both ends. Lots of tea, biscuits and bacon sandwiches does the trick.

Bengyboo
Old Feb 7th 2006, 1:00 am
Born to be ignored

Originally Posted by Bengyboo
It can arrive before you do, we made sure ours arrived 3 weeks before us, so it was delivered the day after we arrived.

If you have children in my opinion definitely better to "live without" in the UK where you have friends and family to help, than to be without your homely stuff when you hit Oz. It really helped us settle in.

We also used PSS and they were fine, I agree probably dependant on packers/unpackers both ends. Lots of tea, biscuits and bacon sandwiches does the trick.

Bengyboo
Perhaps the law has changed in the last two years then. Either that or PSS lied to us. We had to pay extra for storage in the UK and then wait 6 weeks this end.

Jane
Old Feb 7th 2006, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

Bengyboo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
Perhaps the law has changed in the last two years then. Either that or PSS lied to us. We had to pay extra for storage in the UK and then wait 6 weeks this end.

Jane
Oh no that is bad!!

Possible law change, we have only been here 4 months.

We also needed to have an address, to allow it to arrive before us. A BE member kindly let us use his contact details as we didn't have anyone else.

BB
Old Feb 7th 2006, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Melchels is on a distinguished road

I can honestly say that PSS were absolutely outstanding with our move. They were very accomodating when we were messed around by our buyers on completion dates, they packed all of our stuff up professionally, the shipment arrived when thay said it would, our shipment was delivered the day after we got the keys to our rental place and the only casualty was a chipped bowl! I thing they provided a fantastic service and I would use them again.

I appreciate that everyone has their own story, but, this is mine and I am a very pleased PSS customer.