British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Pss (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/pss-353189/)

cam_uk Feb 6th 2006 7:37 am

Pss
 
I've read lots of threads on here about PSS and most of them have been average to poor ..

I'd just like to say that our stuff arrived from the uk today (yipee!!) and we are VERY happy with the service ... nothing needing 'cleaning' by the quarrenteen (sp!) guys and every thing arived in perfect condition (except a small crack in a mirror but that may well have been me ..

If anyone is thinking about using them i for one would say go for it !!!

Rob Morton-Jone Feb 6th 2006 7:40 am

Re: Pss
 
We are using PSS as they come highly recommened

fraser Feb 6th 2006 7:54 am

Re: Pss
 

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
We are using PSS as they come highly recommened

Not by me they don't :mad:

binbird Feb 6th 2006 8:09 am

Re: Pss
 
PSS get a big thumbs up from us. Excellent service both Uk and Oz. Cheerful efficient staff and nothing broken.

Binbird

fraser Feb 6th 2006 8:10 am

Re: Pss
 

Originally Posted by binbird
PSS get a big thumbs up from us. Excellent service both Uk and Oz. Cheerful efficient staff and nothing broken.

Binbird

:mad: :mad: :mad: :p

wengerboy Feb 6th 2006 8:23 am

Re: Pss
 

Originally Posted by fraser
:mad: :mad: :mad: :p

build a bridge mate :p

fraser Feb 6th 2006 8:34 am

Re: Pss
 

Originally Posted by wengerboy
build a bridge mate :p

I can't they lost my bridge building tools :rolleyes: :D

Centurion Feb 6th 2006 8:42 am

Re: Pss
 

Originally Posted by cam_uk
I've read lots of threads on here about PSS and most of them have been average to poor ..

I'd just like to say that our stuff arrived from the uk today (yipee!!) and we are VERY happy with the service ... nothing needing 'cleaning' by the quarrenteen (sp!) guys and every thing arived in perfect condition (except a small crack in a mirror but that may well have been me ..

If anyone is thinking about using them i for one would say go for it !!!

Also by us - good service and well packed resulting in no damage. Ultimately when shipping that many goods half way around the world sadly from time to time any shipper is going to have some damage done from time to time.

The container is unpacked again at the port and repacked by third parties and customs. No company can guarantee safe shipping - thats why we pay insurance.

wengerboy Feb 6th 2006 8:43 am

Re: Pss
 

Originally Posted by fraser
I can't they lost my bridge building tools :rolleyes: :D

going back to the op, i could`nt agree more
PSS did a stirling job for us and i`d use em again
ITS even phoned US to come and collect the boxes a week later :eek:

kevinbloomfield Feb 6th 2006 9:23 am

Re: Pss
 
I wonder if it all depends on the packing / unpacking crew? Let's face it all of these companies do the same thing (put your stuff in a container, put it on a ship then bring it to your house).
PSS, Masons etc all get good reports then occasionally a bad one.

Buttercup Feb 6th 2006 10:00 am

Re: Pss
 

Originally Posted by cam_uk
I've read lots of threads on here about PSS and most of them have been average to poor ..

I'd just like to say that our stuff arrived from the uk today (yipee!!) and we are VERY happy with the service ... nothing needing 'cleaning' by the quarrenteen (sp!) guys and every thing arived in perfect condition (except a small crack in a mirror but that may well have been me ..

If anyone is thinking about using them i for one would say go for it !!!

How long ago did you send it off? Our's left London in end of October and it's at brisbane port but it's been there since Xmas eve and we still can't get at it :( Is that normal??

JaneandJim Feb 6th 2006 12:20 pm

Re: Pss
 

Originally Posted by Centurion
Also by us - good service and well packed resulting in no damage. Ultimately when shipping that many goods half way around the world sadly from time to time any shipper is going to have some damage done from time to time.

The container is unpacked again at the port and repacked by third parties and customs. No company can guarantee safe shipping - thats why we pay insurance.

All our damage was done by the removalists this side. I had been happy with PSS until then but they just washed their hands of us. They chose the removalists this end, not me, and they should have been held accountable for that choice.

Jane :mad:

cam_uk Feb 6th 2006 9:18 pm

Re: Pss
 

Originally Posted by Buttercup
How long ago did you send it off? Our's left London in end of October and it's at brisbane port but it's been there since Xmas eve and we still can't get at it :( Is that normal??


Ours was collected from birmingham on the 24th November and Arrived here on the 14th Jan so i guess we were pretty lucky

I think it may be something to do with the Agents at this end as ours seemed very good and keen to push it through as quickly as possbble

It was Chess Worldwide who delt with it here in brisbane

Hope yours gets sorted soon!

cam_uk Feb 6th 2006 9:20 pm

Re: Pss
 

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
All our damage was done by the removalists this side. I had been happy with PSS until then but they just washed their hands of us. They chose the removalists this end, not me, and they should have been held accountable for that choice.

Jane :mad:

Was it chess?

To be honest, we unpacked ourselves so that maybe why we had no problems

The guys helped me upstairs with the boxes i wanted upstairs and then i said that will do ... me and the wife spent all day yesterday unpacking and putting beds etc together!!!

debbiemc Feb 6th 2006 9:36 pm

Re: Pss
 

Originally Posted by cam_uk
Was it chess?

To be honest, we unpacked ourselves so that maybe why we had no problems

The guys helped me upstairs with the boxes i wanted upstairs and then i said that will do ... me and the wife spent all day yesterday unpacking and putting beds etc together!!!


sorry if this is a daft question and going slightly off thread but, say your stuff is shipped out and left in port before you get there, how long can it stay and whats the process at the other end?

ta deb


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:17 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.