Wikiposts

PSP's

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default PSP's

Has anyone bought one while they were abroard?

We got 2 for our boys and wondered if they will play the movies bought in the UK?
The games work fine but have read the movies dont play and have to be ordered
(hope they dont see this or thats their big surprise gone)
Thanks
Hilary
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: PSP's

Originally Posted by hilary6

We got 2 for our boys and wondered if they will play the movies bought in the UK?
Thanks
Hilary
Hi Hilary, we were just discussing the same thing. Our 8 year old is looking for one for Christmas and we think we may have left it too late as there seems to be a shortage - certainly here in Ireland. John e-mailed Sony about your question and they said psp's were not region restricted, but that you would be better to buy the machine from the country you are living (or going to be) living in..........? Sounds like they're contradicting themselves? Anyway, I think we better hope we can get one for Christmas and worry about region restrictions after the fact................ Michelle
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Hi Hilary, we were just discussing the same thing. Our 8 year old is looking for one for Christmas and we think we may have left it too late as there seems to be a shortage - certainly here in Ireland. John e-mailed Sony about your question and they said psp's were not region restricted, but that you would be better to buy the machine from the country you are living (or going to be) living in..........? Sounds like they're contradicting themselves? Anyway, I think we better hope we can get one for Christmas and worry about region restrictions after the fact................ Michelle
Thanks Michelle,
Try this site for a PSP I use them a lot its great but check they deliver to Ireland Im sure they do
www.gameplay.co.uk
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:14 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks
Hilary
Hi Hilary and Michelle,

Have been doing some research as I'm dying to buy one in Singapore on way to NZ From what I understood, games are not region coded so if you buy your PSP in Europe, games bought in Aus or the USA will work on the console.

However, the movies (UMDs) are region coded, just like DVDs - the zones are the same. So if you buy your PSP in Europe which is zone 2, a movie bought in Aus will not work as it's region 4.

Hope this isn't too confusing,

Jen
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks I'd best get ordering in time for xmas delivery
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:21 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Where did you buy it?
USA psp will NOT play UMD movies bought in the uk,
BUT fear not, all you need is a decent memory stick (1gb) and look on a certain auction site, and you will get any movie you want to watch on your PSP, AND the movies only cost pennies that way too!!!
I use a (wont name it here) web site which you can down load almost any movie ever made, all coded for PSP.
also whatever you do, DON'T UPGRADE THE OS to 2.50..... it is too secure and stops you playing hombrews, (cracked games), providing you DON'T upgrade the software to 2.5, (they come with 1.5 installed) you will be able to get your new games for nowt.
PSP are a great little piece of kit which will really take off next year, it has a wireless connection built-in and a good little browser I use it for looking at this site from hotspots.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

I bought One couple of weeks ago, on a trip to Dubai and that won't play movies from UK, so your info Paulf has been well appreciated.

Cheers Paulf

Sadie
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:46 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The S's
I bought One couple of weeks ago, on a trip to Dubai and that won't play movies from UK, so your info Paulf has been well appreciated.

Cheers Paulf

Sadie
I have an email which tells you how to get ISO's (games) and movies for free, it does work too as I have the new Harry potter game and movie on my psp, pm me your email and I,ll forward the info.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Just pm'd you Paul

Thanks again

Sadie
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Michelle,
Try this site for a PSP I use them a lot its great but check they deliver to Ireland Im sure they do
www.gameplay.co.uk
Thanks, Hilary, I'll try them. It sounds like we're alright for the games, but not the movies then. Michelle
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by urbanproject
Hi Hilary and Michelle,

Have been doing some research as I'm dying to buy one in Singapore on way to NZ From what I understood, games are not region coded so if you buy your PSP in Europe, games bought in Aus or the USA will work on the console.

However, the movies (UMDs) are region coded, just like DVDs - the zones are the same. So if you buy your PSP in Europe which is zone 2, a movie bought in Aus will not work as it's region 4.

Hope this isn't too confusing,

Jen
Thanks for that, Jen. Michelle
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:08 am

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paulf
I have an email which tells you how to get ISO's (games) and movies for free, it does work too as I have the new Harry potter game and movie on my psp, pm me your email and I,ll forward the info.
Hi Paul,

I've just sent you a PM. Thanks a lot for that info!

Jen
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:28 am
?????????

Originally Posted by urbanproject
Hi Paul,

I've just sent you a PM. Thanks a lot for that info!

Jen
Sent you the link
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:37 am

Sent you the link
Thanks Paul Sent you some K for that Looks like I will be shopping around for a PSP in Singapore!

Jen
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Where did you buy it?
USA psp will NOT play UMD movies bought in the uk,
BUT fear not, all you need is a decent memory stick (1gb) and look on a certain auction site, and you will get any movie you want to watch on your PSP, AND the movies only cost pennies that way too!!!
I use a (wont name it here) web site which you can down load almost any movie ever made, all coded for PSP.
also whatever you do, DON'T UPGRADE THE OS to 2.50..... it is too secure and stops you playing hombrews, (cracked games), providing you DON'T upgrade the software to 2.5, (they come with 1.5 installed) you will be able to get your new games for nowt.
PSP are a great little piece of kit which will really take off next year, it has a wireless connection built-in and a good little browser I use it for looking at this site from hotspots.
Thanks for that Paul
we bought it in Tenerife but they are the Japanese version
Hilary
K sent

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.