Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Provisionally booking removals.

Provisionally booking removals.

Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:28 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough
Default Provisionally booking removals.

Phoned my removal people up today to book them provisionally for the end of July and was told " Sorry fully booked for most of July have to be August!!!!" After a bit of juggling around with dates he could give me two days in July, just hope we have exchanged by then, don't want to have to wait till August!!! So if anybody else is near the exchange date and thinking of booking their shippers I would advise to do it today. :scared:
Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:38 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Provisionally booking removals.

Who are you going to use Leanda and were they the cheapest, etc, why did you choose them, Iv'e had 5 quotes in now rangeing from 2700, pss to 3800 international removals or summut, went straight in the bin, good luck
Old Jun 24th 2004, 12:48 pm
Look at me kimmie

Originally posted by fogmeister
Who are you going to use Leanda and were they the cheapest, etc, why did you choose them, Iv'e had 5 quotes in now rangeing from 2700, pss to 3800 international removals or summut, went straight in the bin, good luck

Its really hard isn't it, went with a removal company based in Kent called DAP, not the cheapest but the guy who came round knew what he was talking about, gave me the info I needed without being asked, came in at £3060.00 for a 20ft container not including insurance, PSS couldn't even get a quote to me at the moment for July as they are so busy so have decided on DAP, if you want their detaiils let me know and I will PM you.
Old Jun 24th 2004, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Off2Oz1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by leanda
Phoned my removal people up today to book them provisionally for the end of July and was told " Sorry fully booked for most of July have to be August!!!!" After a bit of juggling around with dates he could give me two days in July, just hope we have exchanged by then, don't want to have to wait till August!!! So if anybody else is near the exchange date and thinking of booking their shippers I would advise to do it today. :scared:
Hi Leanda.

Booked ours last week and have already had to change the date due to not exchanging yet! Incurred a £35 cancellation fee, so here's hoping we don't have to do it again. Also, the cost of the container has gone up by £90 since the quote.

Wendy
Old Jun 24th 2004, 1:08 pm
Look at me kimmie

OOh thats not nice, DAP told me that the dates can be changed if need be, hope you exchange soon, I don't think we will exchange until second week in July, removals booked for the end of that week, wanted the week after but couldn't get anything, whats holding you up with your exchange???
Old Jun 24th 2004, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Off2Oz1 is an unknown quantity at this point

God only knows. Hubby just spoke with our buyer and she's been told by her sols that everything's ready!!! Am tearing my hair out. He's calling our sols again now, so fingers crossed yet again. Will keep you posted (pardon the pun!).
Old Jun 25th 2004, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Off2Oz
God only knows. Hubby just spoke with our buyer and she's been told by her sols that everything's ready!!! Am tearing my hair out. He's calling our sols again now, so fingers crossed yet again. Will keep you posted (pardon the pun!).
Hi we are awaiting quotes at the moment from shippers and our house is old subject to contract. I want to know how on earth do you get an exchange date from people, even if it is only an idea of one - we keep asking our solicitor and they keep saying it's impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Susan