pros and cons of using migration agent

Wikiposts

pros and cons of using migration agent

Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

shelley77 will become famous soon enough
Question pros and cons of using migration agent

Hi

we are currently liasing with a migration agent and they have been very helpful with their advice so far.

We are currently in the process of me getting a student visa as this is our only/best option for us to have a chance at the end of the course to gain PR.

Our question is that the agent can't help us really until near the end of the college course where they come into action with helping with the visa and PR bit.

They want to charge a small fee now to basically give us the use of using his agent contacts in OZ should we need advice during the first year or so....

Do we really need to use an agent as we feel that during the first year I will be studying and wortking and my husband will be working......is it really that hard that either.

1- we could do the process ourselves at the end.

2- go and find an agent that could help us when/if we need it.

I know it can be a pain ensuring you fill out the right forms etc but if we went to immigration surely they would advise what we need to do....or could it possibly be better to have an agent help you so that they can ensure the right things are said in the application to help make positive applications..

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shelley and Darren
Old Apr 9th 2005, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all
Default Re: pros and cons of using migration agent

Originally Posted by shelley77
Hi

we are currently liasing with a migration agent and they have been very helpful with their advice so far.

We are currently in the process of me getting a student visa as this is our only/best option for us to have a chance at the end of the course to gain PR.

Our question is that the agent can't help us really until near the end of the college course where they come into action with helping with the visa and PR bit.

They want to charge a small fee now to basically give us the use of using his agent contacts in OZ should we need advice during the first year or so....

Do we really need to use an agent as we feel that during the first year I will be studying and wortking and my husband will be working......is it really that hard that either.

I know it can be a pain ensuring you fill out the right forms etc but if we went to immigration surely they would advise what we need to do....or could it possibly be better to have an agent help you so that they can ensure the right things are said in the application to help make positive applications..

Thanks

Shelley and Darren

hello

we are using a migration agent called greysmigration, we decided to go with them to take the hassle of us as they just ask for documents and they fill out the forms, we are still at the TRA stage so have,nt a great experience but for what it costs i think they are worth it. They are sorting out the forms but the biggest headache for us is the waiting and deciding where to go

G-MAN
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:03 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pros and cons of using migration agent

Originally Posted by shelley77
Hi

Thanks

Shelley and Darren
Check out this website. It australian government, not a commercial company. Hope it helps.

http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/index.htm