Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Proposed Mitchell Freeway & Train Line Extension (North)

Proposed Mitchell Freeway & Train Line Extension (North)

Old Mar 14th 2005, 10:28 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proposed Mitchell Freeway & Train Line Extension (North)

Anyone know the likely start dates on these or a website that may purvey such info ?

They would make a sizeable difference to travel logistics and time saved if travelling to the city from burbs such as Mindarie, Quinns, Brighton and beyond.

Ta muchly

Three Legs
Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:26 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proposed Mitchell Freeway & Train Line Extension (North)

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Anyone know the likely start dates on these or a website that may purvey such info ?

They would make a sizeable difference to travel logistics and time saved if travelling to the city from burbs such as Mindarie, Quinns, Brighton and beyond.

Ta muchly

Three Legs
Well, I found info on new Thornlie station here:
http://www.newmetrorail.wa.gov.au/
Can't find anything further north than Clarkson on that site though..

Can't find anthing on freeway extension, but here's something about Marmion externsion to Yanchep in 2006 (ohhh, I remember the days when Joondalup was far, far away, and Yanchep was practically outback!!!!!)
http://wa.alp.org.au/text.html?link=.../20003762.html
Old Mar 15th 2005, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Proposed Mitchell Freeway & Train Line Extension (North)

I believe that they will be about 2008, from the residents meetings we have in Butler by Satterley's but who knows, i don't find it a problem nipping down to Clarkson station, free parking and into city within 30 mins or driving is not as bad as you think about 35 - 45 mins dep on traffic, depends what you want really, there is a good community feel around the area and haven't heard anyone whinging about the distance yet!!! although we are holding on for the tavern and shops to open next year