Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Property settlement here but not divorced

Property settlement here but not divorced

Old Apr 10th 2018, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Sydney111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property settlement here but not divorced

I completed a property settlement in Sydney with my ex wife a couple of years ago by way of filed Consent Orders and cash payment. Very short term marriage and she virtually disappeared. Recently I was told she moved to the UK around 2016 to live with a bloke, UK citizen, but have no
other details.

I have tried to find info on whether our filed Consent Orders here would
be recognised and enforceable under English Family Law should she issue divorce proceeding in UK. I have been unsuccessful so far but could she come back at me for another bite of the cherry?
Old Apr 12th 2018, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property settlement here but not divorced

Originally Posted by Sydney111
I completed a property settlement in Sydney with my ex wife a couple of years ago by way of filed Consent Orders and cash payment. Very short term marriage and she virtually disappeared. Recently I was told she moved to the UK around 2016 to live with a bloke, UK citizen, but have no
other details.

I have tried to find info on whether our filed Consent Orders here would
be recognised and enforceable under English Family Law should she issue divorce proceeding in UK. I have been unsuccessful so far but could she come back at me for another bite of the cherry?
You would need to seek legal advice, I would imagine.