Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Property rental, Watford Vs The Gold Coast!

Wikiposts

Property rental, Watford Vs The Gold Coast!

Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:08 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Property rental, Watford Vs The Gold Coast!

Indoors bored so thought I'd have a little look at what £150 per week would get you to rent. I've found a 3 bed in Watford (nice part ...lol) UK, and a 4 bed in Ashmore on the Gold Coast.

Watford's offerings :

and then The Gold Coast :

The Gold Coast house DOES have a nice looking rear garden + pool :

but hey, Watford's offering aint that bad is it??

???
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:16 am
Merlot

Default Re: Property rental, Watford Vs The Gold Coast!

Originally Posted by Jim2004

???
Nice net curtains!

Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:19 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
Nice net curtains!
obvious to all those that are dead set on leaving something behind.....but for those that haven't????

did the house on the gold coast coast come with comparable income future prospects and family?

Cheers Sandra
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:20 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I though all pools had to be fenced?
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:20 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by Sandra

did the house on the gold coast coast come with comparable income future prospects and family?

Cheers Sandra
Fair point!

M

Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:25 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by bridiej
I though all pools had to be fenced?
I did too, my friends in Oz have an unfenced pool and she said as it was built at a certain time in the past, it did not have to be fenced.

I thought this was bull dust . . . can anyone enlighten!

M

Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

obvious to all those that are dead set on leaving something behind.....but for those that haven't????

Cheers Sandra
Believe me, you could be in Watford with no future income prospects or family If it was a case of which house do you want, bearing in mind you don't have a job or family in either location, I know what I would go for
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:40 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Believe me, you could be in Watford with no future income prospects or family If it was a case of which house do you want, bearing in mind you don't have a job or family in either location, I know what I would go for
Mind the house in Watford has a sky dish already

Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:44 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Merlot
Mind the house in Watford has a sky dish already
good point ...lol

Does make you wonder tho don't it!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:48 am
Merlot

good point ...lol

Yep it certainly does!

M

Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:51 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

good point ...lol

does make you wonder what...SKY over here (or whatever) is expensive so do we make do with the crap on TV or all get outside to enjoy enjoy being in AUS....sorry sometimes I lose this argument ...or rather the point ....so which one enlighten me please

or do we pay the overpriced fee to get Cable/Sky?
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:54 am
Account Closed

Ok, I can see you need more help.

The lounge from The Gold Coast :

and now Watford

Does this help?
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I can see you need more help.

The lounge from The Gold Coast :

and now Watford

Does this help?
OK I get it, the GC one has a "daily" come in and the Watford one doesn't
Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:56 am
Merlot

does make you wonder what...SKY over here (or whatever) is expensive so do we make do with the crap on TV or all get outside to enjoy enjoy being in AUS....sorry sometimes I lose this argument ...or rather the point ....so which one enlighten me please

Not sure if Jim2004 was refering to the differences in houses on that.

My guessing is that if I had a choice I would do the Gold Coast one, if I was going to rip the state of for benefits and let them pay, I would rather do the Gold Coast, like you said if you wanted to support a family and earn an income, for my research the Gold Coast has limited opportunities for me & other half and lower salaries. Shame really that I want to work for my money.

M

Old Apr 13th 2005, 3:57 am
Account Closed

Original quote was to basically what you can rent for the same money, BUT, as you've mentioned it, does Sky work over in Oz ?

I've heard the Terrestrial TV is that good, no satellite is needed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.