Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Property prices in Perth

Property prices in Perth

Old Jan 12th 2005, 7:46 pm
errm back to Perth!

FozzieBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property prices in Perth

So our dream is alive, the ball is rolling and even though you should't really we're dreaming of the house we will have etc etc.

I want to be very realistic in our aspirations but houses seem really cheap - is there a catch??

4 bedroom, 2 ensuite, dbl garage, cinema room(?!?!?!) etc etc all coming in at 60-70 of our UK pounds.

I can only assume there is either a catch or something we have missed??

Fozzie.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all
Default Re: Property prices in Perth

Originally Posted by FozzieBear
So our dream is alive, the ball is rolling and even though you should't really we're dreaming of the house we will have etc etc.

I want to be very realistic in our aspirations but houses seem really cheap - is there a catch??

4 bedroom, 2 ensuite, dbl garage, cinema room(?!?!?!) etc etc all coming in at 60-70 of our UK pounds.

Fozzie.

Hiya fozzie,

Seems too Cheap to be honest although i suppose it,s like anywhere location can alter prices an awful lot.Have you tried www.realestate.com and searched a certain area.

dave
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:18 pm
errm back to Perth!

http://www.realestate.com.au

Yup we're on there now, in fact the wife is on there ALL the time.

One of the problem's is you don't know the good / bad areas etc, we're trying to piece that together as we go.

The house prices just seem too good to be true, that's prolly emphasised by the high prices here in the UK atm I guess.

Fozzie
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Am i right in assuming you hav,nt been to oz not knowing the area,s.We,ve got a few area,s in mind IF we choose Perth(it,s a big if at the mo)we were there last year and it,s still very fresh in our minds.

dave
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:39 pm
errm back to Perth!

Yup we've never been before, we have relatives out there (tbh its my uncle and we havent spoken in years, am getting in touch with him soon though).

What areas are you looking at? Are they close to the 'CBD' (See im learnin' the terms already!!

Fozzie
Old Jan 12th 2005, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

We want coastal area's, ocean reef to butler in the north.Rockingham to mandurah in the south.The other area we are split between is SE queensland,it,s got better work prospects for me but not having been to that coast i,m not sure.The visa should be about three months so no need to make our minds up yet.
dave
Old Jan 12th 2005, 10:02 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FozzieBear

Fozzie.
Thats about $150,000. Its going to be an ordinary area. There are shit loads of houses that are 4*2, with now the fancy cinema room which was the kids play room.

Its going to be alot easier if we know how much you have to spend on a house. Then we can realistically point you in the right direction.

Last edited by Siren; Jan 12th 2005 at 11:23 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 10:41 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Got to be careful with the area you are looking at in Perth for that kind of money (60-70,000 pounds)

I think in a moderate area you'll be looking at around 80,000 pounds at 'least'. We moved back to the UK in June 04 and the prices were still around $250,000 in the decent areas. We sold ours for about $240,000 (can't remember the exact price) and it was only basic, 4x2, no pool - no cinema room and not coastal.

Where abouts have you been looking?
Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

dave66 is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you feel about moving back ?
Old Jan 14th 2005, 3:46 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by davebwithane
How do you feel about moving back ?
Great, no regrets at all. It just wasn't for us. I like my life here and realised how good it 'was' and how great it is now but we could only decide that having experienced both!