Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Property Prices - Eastern Suburbs Sydney

Property Prices - Eastern Suburbs Sydney

Old May 14th 2010, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Property Prices - Eastern Suburbs Sydney

G'day all. We're not currently in Sydney and have just sold our house in Surry Hills. We want to buy another one in the Eastern Suburbs and don't know whether to hold off for a bit or not. The market seems to be red hot now but according to one blog i read mortgage applications are down again this quarter and there have been the base rate interest hikes.

What, in your most inimitable BE esteemed fashion do you think is going to happen over the course of the next year. What's the 'word on the street'?

I promise not to sue!
Old May 14th 2010, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property Prices - Eastern Suburbs Sydney

Originally Posted by al dente
G'day all. We're not currently in Sydney and have just sold our house in Surry Hills. We want to buy another one in the Eastern Suburbs and don't know whether to hold off for a bit or not. The market seems to be red hot now but according to one blog i read mortgage applications are down again this quarter and there have been the base rate interest hikes.

What, in your most inimitable BE esteemed fashion do you think is going to happen over the course of the next year. What's the 'word on the street'?

I promise not to sue!
Word on the street is they are going down, up and staying level. Honestly.
Old May 14th 2010, 2:09 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

The blogs and op eds will vary depending on who writes them and what financial/commercial interest they have in the market.

Have you looked at the "Sold" section on domain.com.au? Will give you a good idea of what's selling and for how much. BTW A lot of properties in that and nearby burbs seem to have gone to auction lately. Many of those we viewed, and we viewed non-auction only, were snapped up by investors PDQ. City centre especially, but also on the fringes.
Old May 14th 2010, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Seasider, how come you viewed non auction only - i didn't know there were any? Ours was going to be an auction but sold prior. I've looked at 'sold' on domain and realestate, of course it's depressing.

I understand fish.01's comments, there are no reliable sources of info. Wish i could find someone who honestly stated viewing figures to contracts to bidders etc!
Old May 14th 2010, 3:06 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't fancy going to auction if we could help it. Also timescales - we didn't have our savings in Sydney (some in a notice account in the UK, some in the govt's hands in Singapore) so planned to go to auctions once that was sorted. Thankfully we didn't have to.

Well I say that, but I'll be a lot happier when we complete!
Old May 15th 2010, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
Word on the street is they are going down, up and staying level. Honestly.
Never a truer statement...
Old May 15th 2010, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Seasider
Didn't fancy going to auction if we could help it. Also timescales - we didn't have our savings in Sydney (some in a notice account in the UK, some in the govt's hands in Singapore) so planned to go to auctions once that was sorted. Thankfully we didn't have to.

Well I say that, but I'll be a lot happier when we complete!
Well done on finding somewhere. Hope you complete soon!