Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Property- more for your $$ on the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast?

Property- more for your $$ on the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast?

Old May 18th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light
Default Property- more for your $$ on the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast?

The title says it all really...my OH is hoping to get a job at Brissy Airport so we have the option to go north or south. Not looking for a mansion but if we say had $400000 would we get more for our money on the SC or GC?
Cheers
Old May 18th 2008, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property- more for your $$ on the Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast?

What type of property are you looking for?
Old May 18th 2008, 6:51 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go north to the Sunshine coast. Save you the gateway bridge drama every single day not to mention the toll.

That and I think the Sunshine coast is a lot more affordable and frankly nicer to say the least.
Old May 18th 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=RenShen;6366166]What type of property are you looking for?[/QUOTE

Preferably a house rather than a flat, preferably with a pool rather than not, preferably with a garden rather than a balcony...the bigger living space and land the better!
Old May 18th 2008, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Check out realestate.com.au. Its good for comparisons, though I find the prices are a little higher than some other sites (domain). It covers everywhere though and is a good starting point.

Depending on how many bedrooms you want, $400k does not go too far.

3 bedroomed might be ok, but a pool might bump the price up.

I posted a thread recently pointing out that a lot of 3 bed properties have double garages. The feedback that I received suggested that there is a real possibility of converting one of the garages into a 4th bedroom. Its something to bear in mind and makes a fair difference to the price range.

Good luck,
Ren
Old May 18th 2008, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GillyG
The title says it all really...my OH is hoping to get a job at Brissy Airport so we have the option to go north or south. Not looking for a mansion but if we say had $400000 would we get more for our money on the SC or GC?
Cheers

We are selling a three bedroom home with pool on the gold coast. PM me if you want details.
Old May 19th 2008, 12:07 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
I'd go north to the Sunshine coast. Save you the gateway bridge drama every single day not to mention the toll.

That and I think the Sunshine coast is a lot more affordable and frankly nicer to say the least.
agreed.