Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Property info. Cairns - PM me!!

Property info. Cairns - PM me!!

Old May 9th 2004, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

leejo is on a distinguished road
Default Property info. Cairns - PM me!!

Rather than bore everyone with our findings on the property market in Cairns and surrounding area.

Please PM me, if you are intersted in settling in Cairns.

I will tell you what we have found on our house hunting in and around Cairns!!

Regards

Lee
Old May 9th 2004, 9:45 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Property info. Cairns - PM me!!

Originally posted by leejo
Rather than bore everyone with our findings on the property market in Cairns and surrounding area.

Regards

Lee
Share it I am sure no one will be bored. At least i hope people aren't bored by these things

Median House Prices at March 2004

Cairns
$195,000.00
+16% Median change over last 12 months

Post Code 4870
$210,000.00
+20% Median change over last 12 months

Old May 9th 2004, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Well this is what we have found!!

House prices are increasing at such a pace. It seem to have moved up the coast and finally arrived at Cairns. You are looking at $250K - $300K for anything decent(3 bdrm, double garage, 2 bathroom, 400sqm). They are building everywhere, new housing estates. North Cairns is more desirable than South.

City view is where it's at £1mill plus!! Kanimbla not far behind.

The Northern beaches are still affordable due to the fact there are plenty of new developments. The city is expensive and esplanade is out of this world. Especially with the redevelopment and lagoon.

Well hope this help any future Cairns settlers.

Cheers

Lee
Old May 9th 2004, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Coul you recommend any good websites we can go on to have a look?
Cheers
Old May 9th 2004, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Dreamaway 10
Cheers
Try these!!!!

www.ljhooker.com
www.cairnskey.com.au
www.gwaa.com.au
www.vistasnorth.com.au
www.prdcairns.com.au
www.croftrealty.com.au
www.rhq.com.au
www.harcourts.com.au
www.cairnsbeachrealty.com.au

Cheers

Lee
Old May 9th 2004, 12:24 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Dreamaway 10
Cheers
Try www.realestate.com.au

Old May 10th 2004, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a few then!!!!!!!
Cheers guys thanks
Old May 10th 2004, 7:59 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Guys,

I keep reading things about a lagoon and a redevelopment in Cairns. Last time I was there, there was just a load of mud flats by the marina?

What have they done to the place?

Plus, our current thinking is Brisbane or Sydney, but my heart is in FNQ. What's Cairns like these days? Still a tourist trap?
Old May 10th 2004, 8:04 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

And more importantly, how do I get one of those pictures under my name?
Old May 11th 2004, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards

Lee
Great post Leejo, thanks for the websites. I shall be moving to FNQ - Kanimbla with my partner to live with his parents for about six months until we get our deposit together. We hope to live in the surrounding suburbs, your right though, it is very pricey!!!

Only five weeks to go until we fly. See you there

Nat
Old May 11th 2004, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by diddy
Guys,

I keep reading things about a lagoon and a redevelopment in Cairns. Last time I was there, there was just a load of mud flats by the marina?

What have they done to the place?

Plus, our current thinking is Brisbane or Sydney, but my heart is in FNQ. What's Cairns like these days? Still a tourist trap?
The lagoon is great and the broadwalk is well lit now, excellent for evening strolls. There also seems to be sand in places, but I haven't walked on it.

Cairns is great, weather perfect, and how clean are the streets. No litter or graffitti.

Yes, Cairns does have a lot of tourism, there is no doubt about that. But it is mainly concentrated in the south of the esplanade. When we got a car and started to explore the suburbs. You see total different Cairns. Nice clean streets.

We have been looking at houses. There are lots of new developments. Which I discribed the other night, to some Aussie friends. As being just like the housing estate E.T lived on.

Cheers

Lee
Old May 11th 2004, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Natbat
Great post Leejo, thanks for the websites. I shall be moving to FNQ - Kanimbla with my partner to live with his parents for about six months until we get our deposit together. We hope to live in the surrounding suburbs, your right though, it is very pricey!!!

Only five weeks to go until we fly. See you there

Nat
Hi Nat,

Kanimbla is lovely and close to the city. Brinsmead and Redlynch are more reasonable, but about 15 mins for the city. But am sure your partners parents can put straight on the nice areas to live.

We'll have to met up for a couple for stubbies, in a few weeks!!

Cheers

Lee

PS. Weather is perfect at the moment 30c in the day and 20c at night!! Clear skies.
Old May 11th 2004, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nat,

Kanimbla is lovely and close to the city. Brinsmead and Redlynch are more reasonable, but about 15 mins for the city. But am sure your partners parents can put straight on the nice areas to live.

We'll have to met up for a couple for stubbies, in a few weeks!!

Cheers

Lee

PS. Weather is perfect at the moment 30c in the day and 20c at night!! Clear skies.
Oh wow, that is lovely, the weather is pretty nice here today, so getting a feel for it (he, he)!!

It would be great to meet up for a few stubbies, will post when I get over to Cairns.

Speak soon

Nat
Old May 11th 2004, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the Pm Lee, sent 'ya one back.

I can feel a Cairns expats meet coming on.........save some of those stubbies for us 3rd september!!!!!!!!
Old May 11th 2004, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by steandleigh
Thanks for the Pm Lee, sent 'ya one back.

I can feel a Cairns expats meet coming on.........save some of those stubbies for us 3rd september!!!!!!!!
Au yeah,

Too easy!!!

Lee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.