Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Property ???????

Property ???????

Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:47 pm
Oz bound ,Yahoo !!!!!!!!

beachbum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property ???????

Im in sydney at the moment , been here 6 weeks , 3rd time here , love it to bits but the property is a bit expensive , got 2 boys 6/9 , they love it here. My brother lives in bondi and is married to an aussie girl , he could sponsor us or i could get a 4 year business visa through a friend of a friend , which would be best for us to get in and we couldnt afford to live here as the property is so dear ....... whats the work situation like in perth , prices of houses/ units , we've made about 40 grand uk on our house , hate the uk , was working in london , leaving me house at 530 and getting in at 830 pm , kids in bed , dinner in microwave , shower then back up to do it all again
Done it for 8 months solid , im a carpenter and sat down one day and thought well ive got 23 years left on me mortgage , dont get no time with kids and when i get to 50 i'm gonna look back and think is that it ???
Cos its all down hill then , your in the departure lounge , best years of your life gone , Kids love it here , i would be here tonight if i could but its all down to the girl friend , who will miss her mum and dad , but i keep telling her , its only a day away , any advice girls about missing families for her , Us blokes dont worry bout that we just wanna be happy , have a good life and get on with it and have a better life than a shitty little existance working your nuts off in the uk (the arsehole of europe now) any advice would be greatful Thanks
Old Oct 17th 2004, 11:49 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property ???????

Originally Posted by beachbum
Im in sydney at the moment , been here 6 weeks , 3rd time here , love it to bits but the property is a bit expensive , got 2 boys 6/9 , they love it here. My brother lives in bondi and is married to an aussie girl , he could sponsor us or i could get a 4 year business visa through a friend of a friend , which would be best for us to get in
Permanent residence is a lot better than temporary residence, if you think about it.

and we couldnt afford to live here as the property is so dear ....... whats the work situation like in perth , prices of houses/ units , we've made about 40 grand uk on our house , hate the uk , was working in london , leaving me house at 530 and getting in at 830 pm , kids in bed , dinner in microwave , shower then back up to do it all again
There are nice parts of Sydney where property is cheaper than Bondi, although still not cheap. Take a trip out to the Hills District or Sutherland Shire, for instance.

Perth is cheaper than Sydney (much cheaper) but work not so plentiful. Although good tradesmen should be able to find something.

Jeremy
Old Oct 18th 2004, 11:27 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Hello,

In Australia in terms of property, is it cheaper to buy a house straight away, or cheaper to buy a plot of land and build it from there?

Regards,
Pedro
Old Oct 18th 2004, 11:33 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Permanent residence is a lot better than temporary residence, if you think about it.
Jeremy

especially as you have to contribute something like $5000 a year towards your kids education if you dont have pr and want to live in somewhere like NSW!!

(or has that changed and ive not noticed??)

sue
Old Oct 18th 2004, 11:35 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Boomerang
Hello,

In Australia in terms of property, is it cheaper to buy a house straight away, or cheaper to buy a plot of land and build it from there?

Regards,
Pedro

We put our house on the market last week, the estate agent told us the market was suffering a bit here (though she believed now the election is over things may ease off). We're buying land and building, I don't believe that the price of land has had the same slow-down.

Our house is on the market for about the same price as we believe it will cost us to purchase a slightly bigger plot and build a two level house (currently have a low-set).... so more for our money in other words

www.realestate.com.au is always good to check out. www.dixonhomes.com.au and http://www.tamawood.com.au/HomePage.asp?SUB_ID=&RGN_ID= are two of the larger building companies.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 11:55 am

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a bloke...........and I'm gonna miss my mum :-)

Originally Posted by beachbum
Im in sydney at the moment , been here 6 weeks , 3rd time here , love it to bits but the property is a bit expensive , got 2 boys 6/9 , they love it here. My brother lives in bondi and is married to an aussie girl , he could sponsor us or i could get a 4 year business visa through a friend of a friend , which would be best for us to get in and we couldnt afford to live here as the property is so dear ....... whats the work situation like in perth , prices of houses/ units , we've made about 40 grand uk on our house , hate the uk , was working in london , leaving me house at 530 and getting in at 830 pm , kids in bed , dinner in microwave , shower then back up to do it all again
Done it for 8 months solid , im a carpenter and sat down one day and thought well ive got 23 years left on me mortgage , dont get no time with kids and when i get to 50 i'm gonna look back and think is that it ???
Cos its all down hill then , your in the departure lounge , best years of your life gone , Kids love it here , i would be here tonight if i could but its all down to the girl friend , who will miss her mum and dad , but i keep telling her , its only a day away , any advice girls about missing families for her , Us blokes dont worry bout that we just wanna be happy , have a good life and get on with it and have a better life than a shitty little existance working your nuts off in the uk (the arsehole of europe now) any advice would be greatful Thanks
Old Oct 18th 2004, 11:59 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Perth is great and you being a carpenter you will have shit loads of work cos of all these poms coming out an migrating.... and prices of property is half of that in Sydney
Old Oct 18th 2004, 12:58 pm
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Hello,

Another question, how about foreign investement ( property ) if someone who doesnt have Australian residency, and wants to buy ( house or plot of land ), there was a website that a member stated in a post awhile ago, but i cant remember that thread nor the website, can anyone help?

Thanks
Pedro
Old Oct 18th 2004, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Hello,

Regards,
Pedro
Is there a time limit from when you buy a plot of land to when you can build??, I was thinking about buying land in Brisbane (bayside area) and keeping it for about a year before building
Old Oct 18th 2004, 1:04 pm

http://www.firb.gov.au/content/default.asp

Hello,

Another question, how about foreign investement ( property ) if someone who doesnt have Australian residency, and wants to buy ( house or plot of land ), there was a website that a member stated in a post awhile ago, but i cant remember that thread nor the website, can anyone help?

Thanks
Pedro
Old Oct 18th 2004, 7:23 pm
G'day Mate

Thats the website

Thank you Steve

Regards,
Pedro
Old Oct 18th 2004, 7:34 pm

No probs.

Thats the website

Thank you Steve