Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Proper Lancashire Black Pudding

Proper Lancashire Black Pudding

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

martynbaker will become famous soon enough
Default Proper Lancashire Black Pudding

Does anyone in Sydney know where I can find proper Lancashire / Bury black pudding. I've been out here now for 2 years and miss heading down to Burnley market for a hot lean black pudding with vinegar. hmmmmmm!!!!!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 2:06 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Proper Lancashire Black Pudding

Originally Posted by martynbaker
Does anyone in Sydney know where I can find proper Lancashire / Bury black pudding. I've been out here now for 2 years and miss heading down to Burnley market for a hot lean black pudding with vinegar. hmmmmmm!!!!!!!
I don't think you can get black pudding anywhere in OZ. They don't know what it is.
I don't like it, i must admit. Pigs blood, urghhhhh!
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 2:26 am
faf
Forum Regular

faf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nice

Hi

We can get black pudding in our local IGA, we're in The Basin, Melbourne Victoria.

Sara
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

Got one from spar not to bad you can try www.highlandflingproducts.com good shape but just something not quite right, still searching!
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:35 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by martynbaker
Berry Market during the Celtic Festival... only once a year though
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how could it be 'proper lancashire black pudding' if it's made and sold in Australia?

Wouldn't it be Australian Black Pudding? which is the same thing - pigs blood! Or does pigs blood taste different in the UK?
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:47 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how could it be 'proper lancashire black pudding' if it's made and sold in Australia?

Wouldn't it be Australian Black Pudding? which is the same thing - pigs blood! Or does pigs blood taste different in the UK?
On the subject of stupid questions.... who was so poor that they thought eating congealed pigs blood, fats and oats was a good idea?.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
On the subject of stupid questions.... who was so poor that they thought eating congealed pigs blood, fats and oats was a good idea?.

Not me! I'd never be that desperate
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:57 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if it's "proper" but the butcher in Greenwood Plaza, the mall adjoining North Sydney train station, sells black pudding.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Not me! I'd never be that desperate
Don't knock it til you've tried it, honestly. We're really fortunate in that one of our friends that we've made since arriving is a prize winning scottish butcher who moved here about 7 years ago. He makes fabulous black pudding and the most amazing haggis I've ever tasted (both of which are sold at Feast in central markets). We had our friends Kylie and Chris come up for dinner a month or two back, they are both from different parts of England and were very very dubious about haggis and black pudding so I also made chicken just in case they really really hated the haggis..........but they loved it!!!!! Next morning after the boys had played golf I made a cooked breakfast that included black pudding and again they were a bit dubious but willing to give it a shot and once again, they loved it.

Can't really see what the problem is if you're an everyday meat eating person, you would never guess to look at it or to taste it what its made of, just don't think about it. What do people think about when they sit down to eat half a cow or a bit of pork??? I can't answer that since I don't eat the stuff but presume if you eat meat that black pudding wouldn't bother you too much.....and it does taste lovely .
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nikki.P
Don't knock it til you've tried it, honestly. We're really fortunate in that one of our friends that we've made since arriving is a prize winning scottish butcher who moved here about 7 years ago. He makes fabulous black pudding and the most amazing haggis I've ever tasted (both of which are sold at Feast in central markets). We had our friends Kylie and Chris come up for dinner a month or two back, they are both from different parts of England and were very very dubious about haggis and black pudding so I also made chicken just in case they really really hated the haggis..........but they loved it!!!!! Next morning after the boys had played golf I made a cooked breakfast that included black pudding and again they were a bit dubious but willing to give it a shot and once again, they loved it.

Can't really see what the problem is if you're an everyday meat eating person, you would never guess to look at it or to taste it what its made of, just don't think about it. What do people think about when they sit down to eat half a cow or a bit of pork??? I can't answer that since I don't eat the stuff but presume if you eat meat that black pudding wouldn't bother you too much.....and it does taste lovely .
I can't eat it - I have tried it though. I'm from Yorkshire, we were brought up on crap like that
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

I can't eat it - I have tried it though. I'm from Yorkshire, we were brought up on crap like that

OK.....let you off then.........especially since it's you

Good luck with the job, we can maybe meet up one lunchtime for a coffee???
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK.....let you off then.........especially since it's you

Good luck with the job, we can maybe meet up one lunchtime for a coffee???

Yep, that would be good. Have sent you my e-mail addy (check your Karma )
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Yep, that would be good. Have sent you my e-mail addy (check your Karma )
sorry but......what????? Check my Karma (never said I was bright!!!!)
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sorry but......what????? Check my Karma (never said I was bright!!!!)

Click on 'My Profile' at the top of the page and there will be a list of messages people have sent you via the Karma button. I've just sent you one with my e-mail address on it

Or I'll just PM it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.