A proper Hello

Old Apr 23rd 2004, 9:18 pm
Top Banana

Mad as cheese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A proper Hello

Well I thought it was about time I said hello properly on this site. I been using it religiously since I enrolled but haven't really said much bar the odd comment here and there.

As a quick backgrounder, I'm Julian, the wifes Kayleigh and I have 2 boys Kieran (4 years old) and Max ( 18 months old) we are at the medical requested stage and hoping to be able to plan our migration around autumn time. Still not sure where to go in Aus yet, particularly as we haven't been there yet. This may seem a somewhat strange to some but we feel the Aussie outlook will suit us and we can always come back if we hate it. we have said that we should give it a good 2 years though before we could truly tell if we'd fit in.

anyway that's it for now

Julian
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya julian,

and a proper " hello " back to 'ya!!!

We are going this september with a 5 and 3 yr old, no real expectations, we're 'take it as it comes' people. Definatley stopping 2 yrs to get our citizenship ( if only for the kids - if we don't like it, they may well do when we're old and wrinkly!!! ).

Give it your best shot and you'll not go far wrong.

Good luck and best wishes, we've found this site to be invaluable, 'on paper' stuff is all well and good, but hearing it from the horses mouth ( all different opinions too ) is a different thing and worth its weight in gold.

Old Apr 23rd 2004, 9:26 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A proper Hello

Originally posted by Mad as cheese
Well I thought it was about time I said hello properly on this site. I been using it religiously since I enrolled but haven't really said much bar the odd comment here and there.

As a quick backgrounder, I'm Julian, the wifes Kayleigh and I have 2 boys Kieran (4 years old) and Max ( 18 months old) we are at the medical requested stage and hoping to be able to plan our migration around autumn time. Still not sure where to go in Aus yet, particularly as we haven't been there yet. This may seem a somewhat strange to some but we feel the Aussie outlook will suit us and we can always come back if we hate it. we have said that we should give it a good 2 years though before we could truly tell if we'd fit in.

anyway that's it for now

Julian
Welcome Julian and family,

I have not been to Aussie either, but hubby has........we got our visa's March 12th 2004, hubby got a job this week, have been invited to stay with friends till we get settled...kids are enrolled in school although they r not happy as they r missing there summer break here but will get it in Oz in december....so we head off on June 28th and will try our best to chill and fit in with Aussie life .

Good luck to you and your family
Heather
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hello Julian, Kayleigh, Kieran & Max
welcome to the madhouse! we too have never been to Oz, heading for Brisbane hopefully in September, just had medical request although we sent them unrequested a fortnight or so ago!
best wishes
rach, mark and chanelle x
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 9:38 pm
Top Banana

Mad as cheese is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the welcome, I'm sure we'll get to know you all better over the coming months

Julian
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 9:41 pm
Go Banana's !!

anyway that's it for now

Julian

Hi Julian,

Welcome to the madhouse from the Banana bunch !!

I hope you find the banter and advice as useful as we have.

Good luck with the rest of the process, dreams do come true as we have recently found out !!

Best wishes

Warren (and Jill)
Perth 2004........its now on for definate !!

Old Apr 23rd 2004, 9:48 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jules & co,

Man, you must be bloody mad to make such a life changing move without visiting first. Is that head screwed on the right way ?

We will be going without a prior visit too

Good luck to you.
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 9:50 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

anyway that's it for now

Julian
Hiya MAC family

Welcome to "Emigration Street"

Feel free to join this madhouse we call the Expats forum........

Don't forget to pick up the regulation white cardi that ties up round the back!!

Phoenixuk2oz