Reload this Page >

Proof of Residence

Proof of Residence

Old Jan 18th 2007, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

-=|MisterY|=- is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Proof of Residence

Hi,

I noticed that for some things in Oz it is necessary to prove residence in Australia for a certain period of time. Now, the question is what could be used as a proof of actually living in a certain area.
Utility bills are listed as an example, telephone, electricity, and so on. What other documents you know can be used for this purpose. For example, utility bills might not count for me as I thought of living in a shared accommodation so utilities would probably registered onto someone else already.
As for mobile phone, pay-as-you-go are common options so there are no real phone bills? Would bank statements be OK? Something else?

An Aussie friend told be to keep the bills anyway (which is not something I normally do as I pay all my bills over the internet and then just throw them away).

Thanks for any opinions/info.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 5:54 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of Residence

Originally Posted by -=|MisterY|=-
Hi,

I noticed that for some things in Oz it is necessary to prove residence in Australia for a certain period of time. Now, the question is what could be used as a proof of actually living in a certain area.
Utility bills are listed as an example, telephone, electricity, and so on. What other documents you know can be used for this purpose. For example, utility bills might not count for me as I thought of living in a shared accommodation so utilities would probably registered onto someone else already.
As for mobile phone, pay-as-you-go are common options so there are no real phone bills? Would bank statements be OK? Something else?

An Aussie friend told be to keep the bills anyway (which is not something I normally do as I pay all my bills over the internet and then just throw them away).

Thanks for any opinions/info.
drivers licence
Old Jan 18th 2007, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

If you have your bank statements posted to you at that address, that should be proof of address anyway.

Dolly
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:19 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

1. official rental/lease agreements
2. bank statements
3. credit card statements
4. Telstra/phone bills
5. internet provider bills
6. cellphone bills (post-paid)
7. tax assessment notices from the ATO
8. vehicle registration papers
9. insurance policy papers
10. driver's licence (as already pointed out)

Peter
Old Jan 19th 2007, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

-=|MisterY|=- is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the answers! Basically, that's almost anything that shows one's name at an Australian address.
Good to know.