Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

proof of relationship, how to send???

proof of relationship, how to send???

Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

mariekske is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking proof of relationship, how to send???

Hiya all, hopefully there is someone here that can help me out!!!
I want to lift on my partnet's visa (skilled independent, subclass 136) and in order to do so we have to send in a truckload of proof to show that we are in a genuine and longterm relationship. A bit tricky since my partner Liam is an Irish fella and I am a cloggie (dutch girl). Does anybody know if it's possible to send over loads of pictures over to DIMIA electronically (CD, E-mail) instead of sending my whole photoalbum? Itr would save a lot in costs and weight! Cheers!
Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: proof of relationship, how to send???

Originally Posted by mariekske
I want to lift on my partnet's visa (skilled independent, subclass 136) and in order to do so we have to send in a truckload of proof to show that we are in a genuine and longterm relationship. A bit tricky since my partner Liam is an Irish fella and I am a cloggie (dutch girl). Does anybody know if it's possible to send over loads of pictures over to DIMIA electronically (CD, E-mail) instead of sending my whole photoalbum? Itr would save a lot in costs and weight! Cheers!
You could put in a CD, but generally they aren't that bothered about photos, more interested in things like bills, joint accounts etc.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

ykx1426 has a spectacular aura aboutykx1426 has a spectacular aura aboutykx1426 has a spectacular aura about

Hi ya,

Myself and girlfriend have the 136s - and we had to do the defacto part! If you are living together for the last 12 months there shouldnt be a problem.

At the time we applied we heard that the DIMIA werent too keen on too many photos being sent with applications - they prefer the paper trail as evidence and a few photos to back it up. So if I were you I wouldnt sebd to many as I dont think it will buy you much.

Put it this way - we didnt send any and got it.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:27 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

I only sent 4 photos, all photocopied on to one sheet of A4. As others have said, dont bother with too many photos, aniversary cards etc...

They want to see you have a long term comitment to each other, such as kids, mortgage, wills and also that you currently have a life together, such as bills, council tax statement, bank accounts etc...
Old Sep 8th 2006, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
I only sent 4 photos, all photocopied on to one sheet of A4. As others have said, dont bother with too many photos, aniversary cards etc...

They want to see you have a long term comitment to each other, such as kids, mortgage, wills and also that you currently have a life together, such as bills, council tax statement, bank accounts etc...
Hi Anastasia, well, none of that will apply for us... No kids (fortunately haha) mortage etc. We do have bank account, statements from friends, phonebills, e-mails etc. But i am living in holland and Liam in ireland (not for long anymore). I just really want to know if i can send over my pics electronically instead of my photoalbum. I think in my case, the more pics and letters, the more chance...?!
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:13 am
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

Like everyone else has said I don't think it is a good idea to send too many photographs. They are more interested in actual documents that show you have been living together as a couple (e.g. bills and bank statements in joint names, flights/holidays booked in joint names, invitations in joint names, anything that shows you are a couple).

I only sent one A4 page of photos with my application. If you are living apart at the moment then it would be a good idea to send proof that you are in regular contact i.e letters, emails, phone bills, etc.

Wendy
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:23 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mariekske
Buy a DNA testing kit and enclose hair samples from you both and one used condom with your Visa application, don't put any happy leaves in dutch girl.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wsbtroyno21
Like everyone else has said I don't think it is a good idea to send too many photographs. They are more interested in actual documents that show you have been living together as a couple (e.g. bills and bank statements in joint names, flights/holidays booked in joint names, invitations in joint names, anything that shows you are a couple).

I only sent one A4 page of photos with my application. If you are living apart at the moment then it would be a good idea to send proof that you are in regular contact i.e letters, emails, phone bills, etc.

Wendy
Cheers Wendy!

We do have flight tickets, from all the times that I flew to Irlenad and Liam to Holland, 1 joint hotel bill, loads of phone bills, e-mails, letters to each other, official statement from an Ozzie couple, regular statements of friends and family, e-mails, bankaccount... Hope that will do it. I will print out a few a4 pages with pictures dated and the location. Thankx... Any one else also with experience with this? Cheers!
Old Sep 8th 2006, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

My then boyfriend (now H) and I did not live together as I was working in Ireland and him in London. I sent my airmiles statement showing I flew to Uk every weekend/him to Ireland, plus phone bills.

Once DIMIA gave us our visa, the awkward swine decided we should get married after the hard bit was over!

Good luck
Old Sep 8th 2006, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Red face Re: proof of relationship, how to send???

Originally Posted by Pomster
My then boyfriend (now H) and I did not live together as I was working in Ireland and him in London. I sent my airmiles statement showing I flew to Uk every weekend/him to Ireland, plus phone bills.

Once DIMIA gave us our visa, the awkward swine decided we should get married after the hard bit was over!

Good luck
Thanx everyone for your advise. I will only send a couple ao pictures then I guess, hmmm. The hardest part is that we are not living together (we will soon) but we did live and travel in a Van in Oz for 9 months, blotty hell, that's what I call LIVING TOGETHER, haha. Well, a joint bankaccount, a truckloaoaoad of phonebills and a couple of flight tickets hopefully will do the work. We also got 1 statutary declaration from friends in Oz, and a few "non" official ones from friends and family... Cheers!
Old Sep 21st 2006, 2:49 pm
Chris

tscw1 will become famous soon enough

Hi I'm having problems due to evidence for a defacto relationship. I've sent my visa application to London and they replied back saying there is not enough evidence. We sent council tax bill, statements from our joint acount, photos on a CD of trips we've took together. As I was living in my house before we met, most of the bills are in my name, but most of them come out on direct debit from the joint account, I'm a bit p*ssed off at the moment
Old Sep 21st 2006, 3:13 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing to include. Is emails. They love that stuff. If you both dont stay in the same country then emails and phone bills are a good idea. A couple of stat decs may also be helpful. If you know people in oz that know you both as a couple then a stats decs from them would be good. You can never give enough info. The problem with people who get refused for spouse visas and defacto visas are usually down to the applicant not supplying enough evidence. I know you maybe think. "OH! They wont need that." you just never know. There is a check list for a spouse visa i believe there is also one for defacto or fiance visa. Make sure you have everything they ask for. If not. You will be refused.