Proof of insurance no claims

Proof of insurance no claims

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 8:48 pm
nmm
2 months until the move

nmm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof of insurance no claims

Hi
Do Australian insurance companies (house, car etc) require proof of no claims or proof of other insurance information from a former / previous English insurance company?
(How) can they prove this?
Thanks.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of
Default Re: Proof of insurance no claims

Originally Posted by nmm
Hi
Do Australian insurance companies (house, car etc) require proof of no claims or proof of other insurance information from a former / previous English insurance company?
(How) can they prove this?
Thanks.
They asked for mine ( Car Insurance), and stated they would not give me a high rating without proof. Never had any issues with house insurance.

I brought proof of my no claims bonus from my car insurance company with me.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 10:50 pm
ABCDiamond

Many insurers will accept your word for the NCD proof.

However, if you have a claim within the first few years, expect them to ask to see it... You "may" need it before they settle the claim.

I would always advise supplying actual proof at the time of taking out the policy, in case you can't find it if you need it later.

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:09 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't asked to provide proof of no claims bonus for my car insurance which I thought was a tad strange. Being somewhat suspicious I did ask the lady at the insurance office and she insisted it wasn't necessary, so I said "ahhh but what if I make a claim, will it be requested then? so would I be as well to get it now" and she said it wouldn't be required! However, I'm with ABC Diamond on this one, and decided to get a copy of it anyway, just in case.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:03 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

NRMA insurance just contacted our UK insurers when we supplied the information of who we insured with. That was for Household cover and car insurance.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:05 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Suncorp didnt bother and took my word.