Proof of Funds for Working Holiday Visa

Proof of Funds for Working Holiday Visa

Old Jan 7th 2006, 12:51 pm
hrh
Just Joined

hrh is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Proof of Funds for Working Holiday Visa

Hi all,
Does anyone know how I show proof of funds for a working holiday visa. I saw somewhere in the states you could get the bank to provide a statement showing your current balance in your account. I have the access to the funds in form of some cash, overdraft and credit cards if necessary, but not sure if I need to prove I have it all in cash. If that is the case do I need a bank statement for a month or will a present balance be suficient.
Any ideas?
Old Jan 7th 2006, 12:55 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of Funds for Working Holiday Visa

Originally Posted by hrh
Hi all,
Does anyone know how I show proof of funds for a working holiday visa. I saw somewhere in the states you could get the bank to provide a statement showing your current balance in your account. I have the access to the funds in form of some cash, overdraft and credit cards if necessary, but not sure if I need to prove I have it all in cash. If that is the case do I need a bank statement for a month or will a present balance be suficient.
Any ideas?
Just a statement showing the balance. Is 2k still the limit? I'm not sure if they take overdrafts into consideration though, I could be wrong though.

I didnt have the 2k required so my folks put in what was needed to boost my balance, once I had the statement I gave it back to them. I think a lot of people get round it that way.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 1:01 pm
hrh
Just Joined

Thanks Anastasia, yeah it is just over 2K now. I was going to do the same thing just needed to work out how long I needed to money in my account for. For it to not show as being transferred in during the statement would need it in over a month and this would mean it will take longer to get my visa sorted. Is this what you did?

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
Just a statement showing the balance. Is 2k still the limit? I'm not sure if they take overdrafts into consideration though, I could be wrong though.

I didnt have the 2k required so my folks put in what was needed to boost my balance, once I had the statement I gave it back to them. I think a lot of people get round it that way.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 1:05 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hrh
Thanks Anastasia, yeah it is just over 2K now. I was going to do the same thing just needed to work out how long I needed to money in my account for. For it to not show as being transferred in during the statement would need it in over a month and this would mean it will take longer to get my visa sorted. Is this what you did?
Once the statement came showing the transfer I ordered another one, just so DIMIA wouldnt see the money going in. I think they are well aware that people do that, but I thought I would play it safe. I took about 2 weeks for both statements. You bank should send you a statement if you ask.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 1:11 pm
hrh
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Proof of Funds for Working Holiday Visa

Cheers thanks for your help, I will do the same. Are you enjoying Sydney? I am thinking of doing an outback experience working on ranches etc and getting to see a bit of Oz at the same time :-)

Once the statement came showing the transfer I ordered another one, just so DIMIA wouldnt see the money going in. I think they are well aware that people do that, but I thought I would play it safe. I took about 2 weeks for both statements. You bank should send you a statement if you ask.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 1:17 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

I got round it that way, many, many, many years ago now
Old Jan 7th 2006, 1:20 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Originally Posted by hrh
Cheers thanks for your help, I will do the same. Are you enjoying Sydney? I am thinking of doing an outback experience working on ranches etc and getting to see a bit of Oz at the same time :-)
I'm not there yet, still trying to sell my house.

Have a great time. Dont forget to go to WA, so many backpackers leave it out, but it is by far one of the best parts of Oz.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 1:24 pm
hrh
Just Joined

For sure. I have been looking at the guide books and I plan on heading out that way! Good luck with selling your house

I'm not there yet, still trying to sell my house.

Have a great time. Dont forget to go to WA, so many backpackers leave it out, but it is by far one of the best parts of Oz.
Old Jan 7th 2006, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Don't worry about it too much. I applied on line for my WHV last year and they just ask you if you have the £2,000 (or whatever it is). They don't ask you to prove it (although, depending on your circumstances, I guess they could write back and ask for a copy of your statement if they really wanted to).
I believe they can sometime do stop checks at the airport so would probably be best to either have the cash on you or a statement, but don't think they ask many people. They certainly didn't ask me!
However, if you apply online you do have to go to immigration when you get to Oz to get the visa label put in your passport so I guess they could ask you there.
To be on the safe side, maybe you could take out £2,000 on your credit card or borrow it, put it in your bank account and get a statement, then when you've got the label put in your passport just transfer it back.
Don't think there's any way they will check again after that.
Good luck and enjoy
Old Jan 7th 2006, 1:34 pm
hrh
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Don't worry about it too much. I applied on line for my WHV last year and they just ask you if you have the £2,000 (or whatever it is). They don't ask you to prove it (although, depending on your circumstances, I guess they could write back and ask for a copy of your statement if they really wanted to).
I believe they can sometime do stop checks at the airport so would probably be best to either have the cash on you or a statement, but don't think they ask many people. They certainly didn't ask me!
However, if you apply online you do have to go to immigration when you get to Oz to get the visa label put in your passport so I guess they could ask you there.
To be on the safe side, maybe you could take out £2,000 on your credit card or borrow it, put it in your bank account and get a statement, then when you've got the label put in your passport just transfer it back.
Good luck and enjoy
Old Jan 7th 2006, 10:08 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hrh
Thanks for the advice
if you don't have the cash how can you sustain yourself in Oz until you find a job??
Old Jan 7th 2006, 10:24 pm
hrh
Just Joined

I have enough, and I have work when I get out there.

Originally Posted by jjonboy
if you don't have the cash how can you sustain yourself in Oz until you find a job??
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:58 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Good luck and enjoy

Speaking from personal experience, when I came to Australia on my WHV the staff at the airport were more concerned about any dirt that may have been on my shoes than how much money I had - even though I arrived on a one way ticket.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJJ
Speaking from personal experience, when I came to Australia on my WHV the staff at the airport were more concerned about any dirt that may have been on my shoes than how much money I had - even though I arrived on a one way ticket.

PMSL - sounds about right!!!

Lisa.xx