Proof of Funds

Old Feb 12th 2004, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Proof of Funds

Hi all,

Has anyone 'borrowed' money to make their joint account look a bit more 'affluent'.

We are applying for our visa at the beginning of March and won't quite have got enough funds (well to look decent enough) together. But intend on having this amount by the time we go in June.

I was thinking of phoning my bank to 'borrow' some money for a short while until we got a bank statement drawn up showing these funds!!

Also will it look a bit dodgy that a lump sum has gone into the account in one hit, or could I palm it off by saying I transferred it from another account, which effectively I am doing!!!!

Your thoughts on this please!

Old Feb 12th 2004, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Just out of interest what do you need proof of funds for?

Muzzman
Old Feb 12th 2004, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Muzzman
Just out of interest what do you need proof of funds for?

Muzzman
We are applying for de-facto visa and as we are sending in bank account statement to prove we have 'joint' finances thought they may question our funds if on the low side.

Also on the application form (47SP) it asks on Question 31:

'If you are applying from outside Australia - what is the value of money, goods and assets which you intend to bring to Australia'

This was my reason for 'topping the funds up a bit'

What do you think?
Old Feb 12th 2004, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Natbat
We are applying for de-facto visa and as we are sending in bank account statement to prove we have 'joint' finances thought they may question our funds if on the low side.

'If you are applying from outside Australia - what is the value of money, goods and assets which you intend to bring to Australia'

What do you think?
OK I see. Remember though that your joint (current?) account is probably a very small percentage of your assets/worth (well ours is anyway, probably 1% on a good day!!). We answered the same question on the skilled ind form and based it on what we expect to get from the house sale.

Muzzman
Old Feb 12th 2004, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Muzzman
OK I see. Remember though that your joint (current?) account is probably a very small percentage of your assets/worth (well ours is anyway, probably 1% on a good day!!). We answered the same question on the skilled ind form and based it on what we expect to get from the house sale.

Muzzman
Oh I see, your in a better position then us then as we do not have a house to sell as we live with my parents.

I think I shall talk with the bank, from my understanding, can DIMIA check up on your current bank situation due to Data Protection issues?

Thanks for your help with this though

Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can't remember what I wrote on my Pros Spouse application, but it was certainly more than i had, and I didn't have any proof of funds. DIMIA have no access to your bank records unless you enclose a statement with your application.
What they are looking for, I would think, is proof that you can support yourselves, as the British partner won't have any access to unemployment, social security etc in Oz.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Pollyana
Can't remember what I wrote on my Pros Spouse application, but it was certainly more than i had, and I didn't have any proof of funds. DIMIA have no access to your bank records unless you enclose a statement with your application.
What they are looking for, I would think, is proof that you can support yourselves, as the British partner won't have any access to unemployment, social security etc in Oz.
Hi Pollyana

Thanks for replying.

We were going to put in our bank statements to prove we have a joint account, although we have got the bank to write a letter (on headed paper) stating that we have had an account together since Feb last year. Do you think this is sufficient evidence of a joint account?

That way they don't have to see what funds we have, and like you we could put down what we think we might have by the time we go
Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Pollyana

Sorry also, would it be a good idea to put my fella's group certs from when he was in the army in? He has discharged from the army now and intends on working for his father when he gets back, but as an apprentice carpenter/joiner.

How would we prove support when back in Oz if we don't actually have proof of earning yet? (hope that doesn't sound rude - don't mean it to be) do they just go by what funds you say you have?

Sorry to be full of questions, just have to look at every angle.

Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

HannahLloyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Proof of Funds

Hi Natbat,

Hopefully i'll be able to help you on this.
I have just been granted my de facto visa, and we don't a penny, though AHC did ask for additional info to show that i have, or my fiance has, enough money to support me if i can't find work.

When applying for my visa i sent my partners visa statement (as he pays for everything on it), we didn't send a copy of his bank statement, and also our joint bank account that we have had since September 03, with both of our wages going in since, but rather overdrawn! So AHC could not see any savings or evidence of a bank account in credit.

When AHC asked for for info, we transferred $6000 from my partners credit card to his bank account, and then sent in a bank statement, showing his wages going in every month and also the $6000. They didn't query the lump sum going in and issued my visa.

Hope this helps
Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

You could also provided them with update CV's and references from your current and last employer for the both of you. Just to prove that you are employable.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by HannahLloyd
Hi Natbat,

Hopefully i'll be able to help you on this.
I have just been granted my de facto visa, and we don't a penny, though AHC did ask for additional info to show that i have, or my fiance has, enough money to support me if i can't find work.

When applying for my visa i sent my partners visa statement (as he pays for everything on it), we didn't send a copy of his bank statement, and also our joint bank account that we have had since September 03, with both of our wages going in since, but rather overdrawn! So AHC could not see any savings or evidence of a bank account in credit.

When AHC asked for for info, we transferred $6000 from my partners credit card to his bank account, and then sent in a bank statement, showing his wages going in every month and also the $6000. They didn't query the lump sum going in and issued my visa.

Hope this helps
Firstly - Congratulations on getting the visa and secondly, that's fantastic, right so we could send a copy of our statement in regardless of the amount of funds and also do the lump sum transfer as well then?

We don't actually have our wages paid into our joint account but transfer bits and pieces over every week/month so that should be suffice eh?

Oh I feel heaps better now, thanks for your advice

Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by HannahLloyd
You could also provided them with update CV's and references from your current and last employer for the both of you. Just to prove that you are employable.
Will do that too, cheers
Old Feb 12th 2004, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

Firstly - Congratulations on getting the visa and secondly, that's fantastic, right so we could send a copy of our statement in regardless of the amount of funds and also do the lump sum transfer as well then?

We don't actually have our wages paid into our joint account but transfer bits and pieces over every week/month so that should be suffice eh?

Oh I feel heaps better now, thanks for your advice

Hopefully that will be enough, there are other options if they feel you do not have enough money, not really sure what they are, but at least you know they won't refuse because of finances.
I can't see any probs with what you plan to send in. I would also send copies of your separate accounts just to show wages going in and other transactions.

Good Luck
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:30 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

What do you think?
When we applied for our spouse visa we just gave them a rough idea of how much we would have left after the sale of our house and all our debts had been paid off.

They never questioned this amount and never asked for any proof up front.

Sally
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:30 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

You just have to state the amount you intend to bring with you, not the amount you have at the moment. I would not bother getting a loan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.