Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Proof Of English Language Ability

Proof Of English Language Ability

Old Sep 2nd 2002, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

PAUL&PAULA is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Proof Of English Language Ability

FIRST OF ALL MAY I SAY A BIG THANKYOU FOR ALL OF YOU WHO ANSWERED OUR QUERY ON THE $100,000 ,BUT US THICK GEORDIES WE HAVE ANOTHER ONE FOR YOU :- ON THE FORM 47SK (APPLICATION FOR GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION) PART J - CHECKLIST, IT MENTIONS "PROOF OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE ABILITY". IN THE BOOKLET THAT SUPPORTS THE FORM YOU HAVE TO OBTAIN PROOF OF YOUR ENGLISH LANGUAGE ABILITY. CAN ANYONE ENLIGHTEN US ON HOW THIS HAS TO BE DONE, I KNOW LIVING IN NEWCASTLE, PEOPLE FIND IT HARD TO UNDERSTAND US BUT WE ARE ENGLISH AFTER ALL. CHEERS
Old Sep 2nd 2002, 11:25 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof Of English Language Ability

Hello Paul and Paula.

Where both main applicant and spouse/partner were born and educated in the UK there shouldn't be too many difficulties proving English language ability.

Generally, for skilled applications we find that for the main applicant the documentation submitted with the skills assessment (and which is sent again to DIMIA with the visa application) suffices. For the partner/spouse a certified copy of certificates confirming the highest level of educational qualification in the UK usually does the trick.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by PAUL&PAULA:
FIRST OF ALL MAY I SAY A BIG THANKYOU FOR ALL OF YOU WHO ANSWERED OUR QUERY ON THE $100,000 ,BUT US THICK GEORDIES WE HAVE ANOTHER ONE FOR YOU :- ON THE FORM 47SK (APPLICATION FOR GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION) PART J - CHECKLIST, IT MENTIONS "PROOF OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE ABILITY". IN THE BOOKLET THAT SUPPORTS THE FORM YOU HAVE TO OBTAIN PROOF OF YOUR ENGLISH LANGUAGE ABILITY. CAN ANYONE ENLIGHTEN US ON HOW THIS HAS TO BE DONE, I KNOW LIVING IN NEWCASTLE, PEOPLE FIND IT HARD TO UNDERSTAND US BUT WE ARE ENGLISH AFTER ALL. CHEERS
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

hanu is an unknown quantity at this point

you will get 20 points for english language skills because it is
your native tongue...dont worry.

Originally posted by Alan Collett:
Hello Paul and Paula.

Where both main applicant and spouse/partner were born and educated in the UK there shouldn't be too many difficulties proving English language ability.

Generally, for skilled applications we find that for the main applicant the documentation submitted with the skills assessment (and which is sent again to DIMIA with the visa application) suffices. For the partner/spouse a certified copy of certificates confirming the highest level of educational qualification in the UK usually does the trick.

Hope this helps.

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 9:19 am
Jaj

You'll find more people willing to answer your questions if you don't post in
capitals. That's the equivalent of shouting and is considered very bad manners
on Usenet.

Jeremy

>On Mon, 02 Sep 2002 21:54:48 +0000, PAUL&amp;PAULA <[email protected]> wrote:
    >FIRST OF ALL MAY I SAY A BIG THANKYOU FOR ALL OF YOU WHO ANSWERED OUR QUERY ON THE
    >$100,000 ,BUT US THICK GEORDIES WE HAVE ANOTHER ONE FOR YOU
    >:- ON THE FORM 47SK (APPLICATION FOR GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION) PART
    >J - CHECKLIST, IT MENTIONS "PROOF OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE ABILITY". IN THE BOOKLET THAT
    >SUPPORTS THE FORM YOU HAVE TO OBTAIN PROOF OF YOUR ENGLISH LANGUAGE ABILITY. CAN
    >ANYONE ENLIGHTEN US ON HOW THIS HAS TO BE DONE, I KNOW LIVING IN NEWCASTLE, PEOPLE
    >FIND IT HARD TO UNDERSTAND US BUT WE ARE ENGLISH AFTER ALL. CHEERS
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

PAUL&PAULA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jaj:
You'll find more people willing to answer your questions if you don't post in
capitals. That's the equivalent of shouting and is considered very bad manners
on Usenet.

Jeremy

Sorry Everybody for the shouting (Capital Letters),but both Paul and I are new to this game and are infact quietly spoken in the real world,but thanks for all your help.

>On Mon, 02 Sep 2002 21:54:48 +0000, PAUL&amp;PAULA <[email protected]> wrote:
    >FIRST OF ALL MAY I SAY A BIG THANKYOU FOR ALL OF YOU WHO ANSWERED OUR QUERY ON THE
    >$100,000 ,BUT US THICK GEORDIES WE HAVE ANOTHER ONE FOR YOU
    >:- ON THE FORM 47SK (APPLICATION FOR GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION) PART
    >J - CHECKLIST, IT MENTIONS "PROOF OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE ABILITY". IN THE BOOKLET THAT
    >SUPPORTS THE FORM YOU HAVE TO OBTAIN PROOF OF YOUR ENGLISH LANGUAGE ABILITY. CAN
    >ANYONE ENLIGHTEN US ON HOW THIS HAS TO BE DONE, I KNOW LIVING IN NEWCASTLE, PEOPLE
    >FIND IT HARD TO UNDERSTAND US BUT WE ARE ENGLISH AFTER ALL. CHEERS
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com
:PARTY: