Proof of..

Old Jul 9th 2003, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sutherland - til we find a house with a nice kitchen! Oh, even better - found one with a nice pool.
Mr. Ee will become famous soon enoughMr. Ee will become famous soon enough
Default Proof of..

2 quick questions re. Oz application:

1) It asks for a (certified) copy of a marriage certificate, and also asks for proof of name change when married.
Is the certificate not enough then? What should be provided? Copy of passport where the maiden name is simply striked-through and the new name written beside it? (I can see how that was worth 15 quid...)

2) It also asks for proof of dependency for each child. What should be provided here? My kids are 2 1/2 and 1/2 so can't be much more dependent on me! Do they just want to know that no-one else has any 'claim' to them or responsibility in their upbringing? How to prove this?

Cheers all,

Mr. Ee
Old Jul 9th 2003, 8:46 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Proof of..

Originally posted by Mr. Ee
2 quick questions re. Oz application:

1) It asks for a (certified) copy of a marriage certificate, and also asks for proof of name change when married.
Is the certificate not enough then? What should be provided? Copy of passport where the maiden name is simply striked-through and the new name written beside it? (I can see how that was worth 15 quid...)

2) It also asks for proof of dependency for each child. What should be provided here? My kids are 2 1/2 and 1/2 so can't be much more dependent on me! Do they just want to know that no-one else has any 'claim' to them or responsibility in their upbringing? How to prove this?

Cheers all,

Mr. Ee
Hello Mr Ee

I can't help you with your second question, but for your first one I provided copies of my birth certificate, marriage certificate and passport. This was enought to prove my change of name.

Mel
Old Jul 9th 2003, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sutherland - til we find a house with a nice kitchen! Oh, even better - found one with a nice pool.
Mr. Ee will become famous soon enoughMr. Ee will become famous soon enough

That's what I'd have thought, but they ask for all those anyway so I guessed there must have been something more they wanted!

Thanks,

Mr. Ee

P.S. Is the form laid out so badly on purpose??
AS everyone says, read it, read it, and read it again. And when it still doesn't make sense, ask here!
Old Jul 9th 2003, 9:03 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Mr. Ee
That's what I'd have thought, but they ask for all those anyway so I guessed there must have been something more they wanted!

Thanks,

Mr. Ee

P.S. Is the form laid out so badly on purpose??
AS everyone says, read it, read it, and read it again. And when it still doesn't make sense, ask here!

I suspect the form is part of the elimination process. If you can't work it out, then you don't get in! I hired an agent just to be sure everything was filled in correctly.