Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Project Management

Project Management

Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:31 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice
Default Project Management

Hi Folks,

As I've started my UK-OZ application process, I thought it time to start looking at job opportunities in the Brisbane area.

Can anyone recommend a Project Management Agency in the Brisbane area that I could contact? My background is in engineering but more recently IT. Any information or weblinks on this would be of use.

Thanks in advance .
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Marakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Project Management

Originally posted by Plug
Can anyone recommend a Project Management Agency in the Brisbane area that I could contact? My background is in engineering but more recently IT. Any information or weblinks on this would be of use.

Thanks in advance .
Hi,

This won't directly answer your question, but do you have a PMP certification? They're big on that for PMs it seems.

Mike
Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:04 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. I don't have a professional PM qual as such, although I do have an MA in Management Studies. I do have a few certificates towards PMI (US) accreditation. I have looked on the Oz PM website and as you say, the are into that kind of thing. I will look into it a bit more to see what costs are involved.

Thanks again.

Old Jul 26th 2004, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Marakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the rough

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. I don't have a professional PM qual as such, although I do have an MA in Management Studies. I do have a few certificates towards PMI (US) accreditation. I have looked on the Oz PM website and as you say, the are into that kind of thing. I will look into it a bit more to see what costs are involved.

Thanks again.

Hurry before PMI makes the exam more difficult.

My wife sat down with practise exams for 3 or 4 weeks and aced the PMI test. Obviously she had all her PDUs lined up beforehand.

Note that PMI is an international organisation and its certification is valid world-wide. So getting a PMP won't just be a US thing, but will help you in Australia as well. They have chapters and meetings (for networking) in all major Oz cities.

Good luck!
Mike
Old Jul 26th 2004, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have any experience or qualifications with Prince2? More and more Australian companies are using it now (including a few high-profile such as Optus).
Old Jul 27th 2004, 10:50 am
Senior Stella Member

Hi HP,

I kick myself every time I'm asked that question, I was booked on a Prince2 course last year and had to pull out due to (you guessed it) project commitments!! The company was going to pay aswell!!

What a bummer!!

I get the message though guys - thanks for that.....
Old Jul 27th 2004, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Hi HP,

I kick myself every time I'm asked that question, I was booked on a Prince2 course last year and had to pull out due to (you guessed it) project commitments!! The company was going to pay aswell!!

What a bummer!!

I get the message though guys - thanks for that.....
I just realised...I never answered your original Q either....sorry!!!
Good luck in your job search.