Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IT professionals working & living in Perth regional areas

IT professionals working & living in Perth regional areas

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all
Default IT professionals working & living in Perth regional areas

Hi there....

Any IT professionals out there working & living in Perth regional areas??

If so, did you get a job before you move out there, or did you find one after arrival?

How easy/hard is it to find IT jobs in these areas??

Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:57 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT professionals working & living in Perth regional areas

Originally Posted by ice mocha
Hi there....

Any IT professionals out there working & living in Perth regional areas??

If so, did you get a job before you move out there, or did you find one after arrival?

How easy/hard is it to find IT jobs in these areas??

Thanks
There are no Perth regional areas. It's either Perth or regional. If you mean WA regional, I think you might find it difficult to find IT work. The vast majority of work in the state is in Perth metro.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 1:27 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
There are no Perth regional areas. It's either Perth or regional. If you mean WA regional, I think you might find it difficult to find IT work. The vast majority of work in the state is in Perth metro.
I think that's true of the whole country to be honest. Unless you're talking very generic IT skills (data entry, MS Office etc) then you'll be hard pushed to get any work outside the larger metropolitan areas.

Unless you bring your IT business with you of course, which is what we did, and enables us to live in a very nice part of the world and still scrape by. Though god only knows we've had a few scares!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dorothy
sorry that's what i meant... WA regional areas...

sigh... im cracking my head putting together info to apply for WA SSV