Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

processing times?

processing times?

Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

badassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to all
Default processing times?

Quick question, does anyone know the processing time from initial application to visa approval for jobs on MODL?

Agent says they are fast traced but didnt say how long

Agent said we could do medicals first, to speed things up, is it worth doing this?

thanks
lisa
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of
Default Re: processing times?

Originally Posted by badassbrickie
Quick question, does anyone know the processing time from initial application to visa approval for jobs on MODL?

Agent said we could do medicals first, to speed things up, is it worth doing this?

thanks
lisa
this varies from people to people....our time frame was application sent off Sept 06, case officer appointed Jan 07, meds / police checks provided 14/03/07 - visa's granted 11/04/07.... The longest part for us was the initial stuff - ie, the TRA paperwork etc etc - all in all the whole process from start to finish was about 18months. I have heard of some people getting their visa's within a couple of months - others waiting much longer - especially if any questions are raised or if anything comes up on your medicals....
Often people front load their meds/police checks - but the "validation" date is the date of whatever's dated 1st out of those two. Ours went on our meds - so we had until March 2008 to make initial entry into Oz...(although we validated back in November on a reccie). Some people have frontloaded before - and had to wait longer than expected - got their visa's - and literally had to go in a very short time.....which i guess is fine if you're ready to go whenever! Good Luck!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

badassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to all

hi thanks for your reply.

ours eems to be a never ending process, think someone is telling us not to bother!

we hired our agent a year ago, passed tra 7 months ago.

had to get permission to remove kids from UK, father objected so it went onto a six month court battle which was finalised in november in my favour.

and i still have not had the court order 4 months later.

keep contacting my solicitor with no result.

visa application is ready for sending but for that!:curse:

hopefully we should receive it in the next 2 weeks. so application can be sent off.

was just curious as to how long it would take if we applied in march.

seems like hurdle after hurdle at the moment!!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Caddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really nice

Originally Posted by badassbrickie

thanks
lisa
Ours was straight forward. I am a midwife. Skills assessment took 12 weeks and then visa took 6 months from time of posting to time of grant. Felt like 6 years though !!
Very stressful process in terms of waiting and waiting and waiting ...........
Didn't use an agent and didn't have any problems. Saved a few quid by not using one and would recommend that you do it yourself if you have a straight forward application !!
Didn't front load anything.

We applied in August 07 and sat in the back log of applicants for a while so I am assuming it is normally a bit quicker.

Alison