Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

processing times

processing times

Old Jul 31st 2006, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Mike B has a spectacular aura aboutMike B has a spectacular aura aboutMike B has a spectacular aura about
Default processing times

Hello All,

just a quick query if I may.

We passed the tra and sent our visa paperwork off on the 10th of June, as I had been a naughty boy about 8 years ago I needed to send the police checks with the visa application, so my agent recommended sending the medicals with this as well. We will be able to go the moment our visa are issued so this is not a problem.

However, does anybody know if this will speed up the process as the case officer does not have to wait for medicals / police checks.

Regards

Mike B
Old Jul 31st 2006, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: processing times

Originally Posted by Mike B
Hello All,

just a quick query if I may.

We passed the tra and sent our visa paperwork off on the 10th of June, as I had been a naughty boy about 8 years ago I needed to send the police checks with the visa application, so my agent recommended sending the medicals with this as well. We will be able to go the moment our visa are issued so this is not a problem.

However, does anybody know if this will speed up the process as the case officer does not have to wait for medicals / police checks.

Regards

Mike B
It doesn't seem to have for us....
Old Jul 31st 2006, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mike B

Regards

Mike B
A number of the january 2006 applicants (of which I am one) have their visa already after front loading. I didn't front load - sent the meds when my case officer asked for them - and I'm still waiting for a final response.

So if everything else is OK with your app then I think front loading will speed up the process.

Good luck
AL
Old Jul 31st 2006, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
A number of the january 2006 applicants (of which I am one) have their visa already after front loading. I didn't front load - sent the meds when my case officer asked for them - and I'm still waiting for a final response.

So if everything else is OK with your app then I think front loading will speed up the process.

Good luck
AL
Hi Al,

are you modl or skilled (eg 136 type)
Old Jul 31st 2006, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by martynm
Hi Al,

are you modl or skilled (eg 136 type)
Hi martynm,

I'm a 137 STNI which I understand is supposed to get priority processing like a 136 MODL

AL
Old Jul 31st 2006, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

we are 137 skilled stni, we had feb application submitted , front loaded police checks but not meds, had meds 3 weeks ago, so hopefully here within next few weeks.

sarah-jayne
Old Jul 31st 2006, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
we are 137 skilled stni, we had feb application submitted , front loaded police checks but not meds, had meds 3 weeks ago, so hopefully here within next few weeks.

sarah-jayne
hi sarah-jayne,

sounds like we have very similar time lines.

Good luck to you - hope you hear soon

AL
Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

hi sarah-jayne,

sounds like we have very similar time lines.

Good luck to you - hope you hear soon

AL
Yes it does, Good luck to you too, hope news arrives soon for you and good luck on your adventures.

sarah-jayne
Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Yes it does, Good luck to you too, hope news arrives soon for you and good luck on your adventures.

sarah-jayne
Sarah-jayne,

I just read some of your previous posts. I see that you live in Bellshill. Me too!!

My wife and I are planning on making the move to Melbourne next year after doing validation this year.

Small world !!

AL
Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarah-jayne,

I just read some of your previous posts. I see that you live in Bellshill. Me too!!

My wife and I are planning on making the move to Melbourne next year after doing validation this year.

Small world !!

AL
where about in bellshill?, me and hubby hoping to go first week in november to melbourne, our police checks run out in december.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

where about in bellshill?, me and hubby hoping to go first week in november to melbourne, our police checks run out in december.
We live just off the Clydesdale road. I guess it's really Mossend but I still call it Bellshill - I did live just off Community Road for a number of years.

We're planning on going for the first three weeks in November to validate.
Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

We live just off the Clydesdale road. I guess it's really Mossend but I still call it Bellshill - I did live just off Community Road for a number of years.

We're planning on going for the first three weeks in November to validate.
your just over the back from us, lol. small world indeed, we are in leander crescent behind ashoka. Where in aus you off to?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

your just over the back from us, lol. small world indeed, we are in leander crescent behind ashoka. Where in aus you off to?
Going to Melbourne. I've only been once before and that was for around 10 days in 2001 to do some "work" for a bank in Melbourne. I'm in the IT industry

I get a round a bit with my job and Melbourne is the closest I've felt to home away from home.

My wife has never been before but I'm always telling her how great it is. So we'll use the validation trip to make sure we both like it and check out some areas to live. As well as doing all the site seeing stuff!

Keep me posted on how you get on.

AL
Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Going to Melbourne. I've only been once before and that was for around 10 days in 2001 to do some "work" for a bank in Melbourne. I'm in the IT industry

I get a round a bit with my job and Melbourne is the closest I've felt to home away from home.

My wife has never been before but I'm always telling her how great it is. So we'll use the validation trip to make sure we both like it and check out some areas to live. As well as doing all the site seeing stuff!

Keep me posted on how you get on.

AL
We wil keep you posted, unless you bump into us in morrisons gabbing about it to some random customers, everyones asking about when we are going etc. We went to Melbourne 3 yrs ago for holiday, I have been 3 times in total and have family there. Yes your right, Melbourne is home from home, very traditional and very british. Your wife will love it, once your back she'll be desperate to get back over. If your wife wants any info on areas etc or info on melbourne, tell her to pm.

sj