Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

processing times

processing times

Old Jul 18th 2002, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default processing times

A guy that I`m in touch with had ahc gen/skilled no modl processing started in june.He applied april 2001[I applied june 2001] I phoned my migration agent who told me that they were only processing jan 2001.When I asked how this could be I was told that ahc were given 600 visas from other embassies and had permission from imm minister to give them out on an easy case first basis.Is this why we are getting people confused about processing dates?Does this also mean that it still is best to front load your application?WHO KNOWS?
Old Jul 18th 2002, 3:54 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default Re: processing times

Some good friends of ours were dealt with as an easy case first & they had front loaded with medicals etc.AHC London gave them 11 days notice to go before their medicals run out or they were back in the queue.They flew to Brissy 27/7.
All the experts seem to advise against front loading,but we seem to be hearing more stories contradicting this.
As happy as we are for our mates,we'd be lying if we said we weren't just a bit annoyed & envious of people applying 6 months before us.
We're now at the stage,17 months down the line,of getting a bit downhearted,so apologies in advance if we only seem to give negative views at the mo
cheers
Mark Jan & little Bob
Old Jul 19th 2002, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Nina is an unknown quantity at this point

permission from imm minister to give them out on an easy case first basis
Old Jul 19th 2002, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Nina is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to know if Mr.Lombard or Mr. Collet could answer what Australian officers usually consider an "easy case" , besides a "well prepared case with all the necessary documentation".

Do you think a case with e.g. a family of three with one young child is "easier" than a case with a larger family and with children over 18. I think because of your experience you must have an opinion on this. I know you can't answer how the facts are, I am therefore just asking for your opinion.

Thanks in advance,
Nina
Old Jul 19th 2002, 9:22 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Nina.

From our point of view it is "easier" to prepare an application where a family has a child under the age of 18. Where a child is over 18 one has to address the question of whether or not the child is a dependent.

That's not to say that a case officer would see one visa application as easier to review than the other - it's just that the point has to be addressed - if it is and the case officer is happy the visa should be granted in pretty much the same time as the case where the child is under the age of 18.

My view (for what it's worth) is that a more pertinent reason for being granted a visa perhaps more quickly than others is for the visa application to be well presented with cross referencing to help the case officer find his/her way around the application paperwork. If this is the case I would argue it is certainly easier for the case officer to make a visa decision as compared with an application where the documentation is poorly presented - and as such using a migration agent could (emphasis - COULD) lead to a positive visa decision more quickly. Presentation and addressing all the points within the Migration Regs pertaining to the visa being applied for are the key issues in my opinion.

Best regards.

Originally posted by Nina
I would like to know if Mr.Lombard or Mr. Collet could answer what Australian officers usually consider an "easy case" , besides a "well prepared case with all the necessary documentation".

Do you think a case with e.g. a family of three with one young child is "easier" than a case with a larger family and with children over 18. I think because of your experience you must have an opinion on this. I know you can't answer how the facts are, I am therefore just asking for your opinion.

Thanks in advance,
Nina

Last edited by Alan Collett; Jul 19th 2002 at 9:24 am.