process for 457

Old Apr 12th 2005, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Location: isle of man,british isles,soon to be portland,victoria
linzib is on a distinguished road
Default process for 457

does anyone have any idea what the processing times for a 457 temporary visa is.How quick have people got theirs? I know the standard time is 0ne month but just wondered if anyone got theirs quicker.
thanks
Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:05 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: process for 457

From the time the employer received approval of the nomination to the time we received the visa grant against the online application was 7 weeks.

Mainly because we discovered the meds sat in the UK doctors for 3 weeks.

So 1 month would have been the timeframe for us.

Don't recall anyone saying they got it quicker but we shall see.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:05 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by linzib
does anyone have any idea what the processing times for a 457 temporary visa is.How quick have people got theirs? I know the standard time is 0ne month but just wondered if anyone got theirs quicker.
thanks
I'm on 457, now applying for 136 SI

457 took 5 months from start to finish - whole process - I'm a nurse.

What do you do?

Cas
Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Red face Re: process for 457

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I'm on 457, now applying for 136 SI

457 took 5 months from start to finish - whole process - I'm a nurse.

What do you do?

Cas
hi,
I'm a nurse as well, we were told it would take about a month once everything was completed, this was back in march. At the time I was waiting for registration from NBV. So foolishly I booked the flights for the end of april and arranged to get my dog shipped over etc, allowing 7-8 weeks for the whole process. Anyway because of the registration board playing god my application still has not been lodged. We are all now going to oz on visitors visas hoping the application is lodged any day. Luckily we have been told we can wait in oz for it to be processed as it can now be issued onshore. What a nightmare journey we have had so far with red-tape. Make no wonder there is a world wide shortage of nurses, no one can get past the registration boards.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:24 am
Account Closed

hi,
I'm a nurse as well, we were told it would take about a month once everything was completed, this was back in march. At the time I was waiting for registration from NBV. So foolishly I booked the flights for the end of april and arranged to get my dog shipped over etc, allowing 7-8 weeks for the whole process. Anyway because of the registration board playing god my application still has not been lodged. We are all now going to oz on visitors visas hoping the application is lodged any day. Luckily we have been told we can wait in oz for it to be processed as it can now be issued onshore. What a nightmare journey we have had so far with red-tape. Make no wonder there is a world wide shortage of nurses, no one can get past the registration boards.
Think carefully re 457 - there are pros and cons - if you want to PM me you are welcome.

Cas
Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:29 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Think carefully re 457 - there are pros and cons - if you want to PM me you are welcome.

Cas
Never ask me to pm you
Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
Never ask me to pm you
Feeling left out - you not a happy lion?

Last edited by carolinegorka; Apr 12th 2005 at 10:38 am.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Red face Re: process for 457

Cas
hi
I've already read on posts about the troubles you have had regarding your employer's etc. I have been promised sponsorship for pr once I get there, we only went on the 457 route to get there quicker! So I will start the process of pr after a few months. I'm going on a nurse manager post, so I suppose the job will be what I make it. I hope you have got things sorted out and I wish you all the luck in the world, hope it works out for you, I'm sure it will.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:49 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
I've already read on posts about the troubles you have had regarding your employer's etc. I have been promised sponsorship for pr once I get there, we only went on the 457 route to get there quicker! So I will start the process of pr after a few months. I'm going on a nurse manager post, so I suppose the job will be what I make it. I hope you have got things sorted out and I wish you all the luck in the world, hope it works out for you, I'm sure it will.

Hi, We are going through the same process as you at the moment. Got xrays booked for tomorrow and as far as I am aware we don't need a medical, just xrays! Where are you based in the UK? We are going to the Mayday Hospital in Croydon and they say that they send them off the same day. We are planning to leave the UK on the 23 June, stopping at Hong Kong for one night. All in all it has taken about 4 weeks so far.