Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

probs accessing site?

Wikiposts

probs accessing site?

Old May 15th 2004, 8:55 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default probs accessing site?

Anybody else having problems accesssing this site over the last 2 days??

just kept timig out on me ...anyone else?

expats - harder than the masons to get into
Old May 15th 2004, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't, but have heard that others have had problems with the site. There were lots of oddities though - e.g. when you submitted a reply, it would end up being posted in another part of the thread! (Spooked Bix out, I think!).
It's also been realllllllllly quiet... maybe you have explained why, and I was thinking they were all watching the Eurovision!
Old May 15th 2004, 9:19 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

You're not the only one I've had problems over the past few days too
Old May 15th 2004, 9:20 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: probs accessing site?

Originally posted by seang
expats - harder than the masons to get into
LOL Yes, I've had problems too. From not getting on to the screen keep refreshing once per second. To posting twice to not being able to post at all. Still, seems to be working now.
Old May 15th 2004, 9:23 am
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough

yesterday I couldn't access the site at all but seems ok again now
Old May 15th 2004, 9:47 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Larissa
(Spooked Bix out, I think!).!
Is it safe to come on here now

I've had Riss , Artep and Debs answering my questions before I asked them :scared:

Have not been able to access the site very much over the last few days. Keep getting the infamous "page not found" message.

It's been like joining "the programme" :scared:
Old May 15th 2004, 10:07 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix

Keep getting the infamous "page not found" message.
that's the one
Old May 16th 2004, 4:21 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Many people are having problems.

I am having lots of problems, and it's on and off for me. Unfortunetly mainly off.

Sometimes I can read posts(when I add www. to the address bar) and then I can't post.
Other times I can't get on the site at all, it doesn't even give a technical error message.
This has been going on for nearly a week now.

I have had contact with Sue over this.
The problem(as I understand it), is that because they changed servers a month ago, OUR isp's have to get organised and rearchive. Obviously some people's Isp has done this, some of ours hasn't. The think I then don't understand is why I sometimes can get on, and other times not!!
This is something Sue said:
It's something to do with the recent server change we did about 4 weeks ago. Paul told me that your ISP is pointing to the wrong server, for some reason the DNS hasn't been updated and you will just have to be patient and wait for your ISP to re-archive. As you know there a few other people experiencing the same problem.
Old May 16th 2004, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Bix
Is it safe to come on here now

I've had Riss , Artep and Debs answering my questions before I asked them :scared:

Have not been able to access the site very much over the last few days. Keep getting the infamous "page not found" message.

It's been like joining "the programme" :scared:
Bixxie - did you forget about my crystal ball - I know exactly what you are thinking
Old May 16th 2004, 5:36 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by debsy
Bixxie - did you forget about my crystal ball - I know exactly what you are thinking

I've had a lot of problems with getting on here too - I found if I followed a 'private message' link from my email, I could then log-on that way
Old May 16th 2004, 7:52 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mlbonner
I've had a lot of problems with getting on here too - I found if I followed a 'private message' link from my email, I could then log-on that way
Yeah, I also get emails if I get a pm, or a reply to a post I posted in(you can change that in you profile, very handy)
But that doesn't work for me....

I've also noticed, when I'm using Safari(an Internet browser) it's on and off.
And with Internet Explorer I can't get on at all.

Oh well, on now! probably when I try to post this it'll stop working and my post is lost.....
Old May 16th 2004, 7:58 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by debsy
Yes, I had forgotten that for a moment.
I won't need to tell you I will be dressed in a black suit at our secret rendevouz then
Old May 17th 2004, 7:50 am
small steps long journey

Originally posted by Simone

Sometimes I can read posts(when I add www. to the address bar) :

started happening again ...page not found

so heres what "i" did
typed www.britishexpats.com into address bar as opposed to the usual http:// that you get when you click on the expats link(i have the link in my favourites would you believe)

then

i get taken to expats front page

then

i click on the discussion forum and

then

choose the australian page

..........seems it is the ip address with the isp's thats causing the probs.Look at the address bar when u reading a post and it has an ip address rather than http address-so name resolution may be part of prob

but will prob'ly be proved wrong
Old May 17th 2004, 9:49 am
Bix
da Bonehead

I tried that too - but it doesn't generally work for me.
Once or twice I did make it to the discussion forums list but it won't allow me to enter them.
At the moment it's just a hit or miss affair with miss winning most times.
Old May 17th 2004, 9:53 am
small steps long journey

Originally posted by Bix
I tried that too - but it doesn't generally work for me.
Once or twice I did make it to the discussion forums list but it won't allow me to enter them.
At the moment it's just a hit or miss affair with miss winning most times.
damn sorry

works adream for me- have been getting error's since last week by going through the usual route but now seems fine using the manual www address

i will log off so you can log on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.