Reload this Page >

problems with migration agent

problems with migration agent

Old Feb 12th 2003, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

nivas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default problems with migration agent

Hello all!

I applied for skilled independent migration in Jan 2002 using a migration agent in australia (i am in usa). I submitted the medicals in july 2002 (after request) and so far nothing is heard.

My agent's services were alright until the time application was submitted. After that there had been a real change. In my recent phone call, he was quite rude and told me that calling him is not going to serve anything. I just wanted to know whether contacting adelaide may help since it has been more than 6 months since I submitted the medicals. Instead of being helpful, he had become quite an hindrance. I cannot help but think twice before calling him or emailing as to what he may say. This may sound funny, but dealing with him has become more depressing than waiting.

Hence I made a search to find out if anyone else is in my position and found out this forum.In my application I have instructed adelaide to route all the communication to my agent. Now can I ask them to send all the correspondence to me directly? More importantly is it possible to depend on adelaide to effect this change? I read many posts on this forum of adelaide sending letters to old address. I am in confusion as to what to do. After I fire the agent, if they send the correspondence to the agent directly, is the agent legally bound to forward it? Any insight in this regard will be very helpful.

Thanks.
Old Feb 12th 2003, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: problems with migration agent

Hi

We have had no end of trouble with our agent- my advice would be phone Adelaide yourself. Only you can really chase this through and as everyone on this site knows- without me handling our case we would still be waiting after 2 years.
Agents (not all) often seem very keen until they have your money and the follow up service is poor. Ater all- what have they left to gain. As long as they get you through in the end they can keep up their '99%' success rate type figures!
Good luck!
Old Feb 13th 2003, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

nivas is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Grub. Congratulations for getting the visa and wish you all the best.

I have to follow up with adelaide, I am worried about the letters being wrongly sent to the agent after I inform that I no longer wish to use the agent. Would appreciate the comments of anyone who had undergone a similar situation. Thanks.