Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Problems with him in/outdoors !!

Problems with him in/outdoors !!

Old May 31st 2004, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Problems with him in/outdoors !!

I am soooo annoyed with my hubby. When we originally looked at Oz hubby decided that Perth was the place for him so many months of research etc followed. Had it all sorted - booked a couple of weeks there in August and now hubby has decided that, as a brickie, it may be too hot for him in the summer !!!

So now I'm back to the drawing board - anyone got any advice on anywhere in Oz which isn't too hot in the summer, not too cold in the winter and no rain as this seems to be the only climate he can work in ?!!!
Old May 31st 2004, 10:20 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Problems with him in/outdoors !!

Originally posted by ohippy
I am soooo annoyed with my hubby. When we originally looked at Oz hubby decided that Perth was the place for him so many months of research etc followed. Had it all sorted - booked a couple of weeks there in August and now hubby has decided that, as a brickie, it may be too hot for him in the summer !!!

So now I'm back to the drawing board - anyone got any advice on anywhere in Oz which isn't too hot in the summer, not too cold in the winter and no rain as this seems to be the only climate he can work in ?!!!
Maybe a change of profession to one indoors is an option

not as mad as it seams.

Bye
Mark
Old May 31st 2004, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by markeh
Maybe a change of profession to one indoors is an option

not as mad as it seams.

Bye
Mark

I've tried that one but apparently he loves working outdoors - and moaning, obviously ! I've also tried getting him to do a job where he gets paid for holidays and when he's sick but apparently he's adverse to that too !!
Old May 31st 2004, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Hi

I thought they stood the men down when the temperature went over 40C !
BTW Perth temperatures last few days - 11C during the day and 3C at night and it is only autumn

Peter
Old May 31st 2004, 10:39 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Picky, picky hey

Does it have to be a city, because I'd say somewhere north of Sydney in NSW (maybe Coffs, Port Maquarie etc). Less rain because you're not at the South, not as hot in the summer because you're not in the North!!!
Old May 31st 2004, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Originally posted by mlbonner
Picky, picky hey

Does it have to be a city, because I'd say somewhere north of Sydney in NSW (maybe Coffs, Port Maquarie etc). Less rain because you're not at the South, not as hot in the summer because you're not in the North!!!
Yes but sticky with humidity compared to Perth
Old May 31st 2004, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Baghdad perhaps?

He'll not go short of work.
Old May 31st 2004, 11:14 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Iron lung?
Old Jun 1st 2004, 12:27 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Paylia

BTW Perth temperatures last few days - 11C during the day and 3C at night and it is only autumn

Peter
Where did you pull those figures from, your arse?
Old Jun 1st 2004, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

It made 13 yesterday, overnight low last night of 6 & it's 8.9 now.
Over the weekend though it was much warmer during the day, up to 20ish I think.

Don't forget the brickies ususlly start very early to avoid the heat of the day.

Loopy
Old Jun 1st 2004, 1:35 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like he wants the perfect climate (dont we all) Have you thought about Bemuda or Hawaii ? Ooops not in OZ are they !!! To my knowledge there is nowhere in OZ that meets that spec, and if there was none of us could afford to live there cos all the millionaires would have taken over.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 2:31 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Its a pain isnt it the no pay thing, my bricky hubby back in the uk was on the companies books so even when they were rained off they got paid but here in nz even on the books if it rains then theres no pay and its not funny when that happens 3 days in a row.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 3:57 am
Mel Gibson

Tasmania is the only place where it does'nt get hot in summer.
Maybe you could live in Perth during winter and move to Tasmania
in summer.

Old Jun 1st 2004, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for all the replies. He reckons he'll know more when he visits in August - he's not quite getting that's mid winter. Perhaps I'll just play dumb and not tell him so he thinks it's summer and ok the move and I can go back to living my dream !!
Old Jun 1st 2004, 7:57 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Mel Gibson
Tasmania is the only place where it does'nt get hot in summer.
Maybe you could live in Perth during winter and move to Tasmania
in summer.
http://www.shoal.net.au/~sharenet/climate.html
Some interesting stats and a couple of myth exploders.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.