Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Problems with Fox removal company

Problems with Fox removal company

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 2:51 am
Just Joined

wesham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problems with Fox removal company

I know that people have moaned about different things on this website however I am after some advice regarding what I should after being left stranded in Adelaide with my things still in the U.K.

In summary this is what has happend to me ...................

During the month of June I used a removal company called Fox Removals and Storage who have various different offices throughout the U.K.

They gave me a quote for the removal of my items and stated that I would only have to use half a container and I agreed with Fox Removals for my items to be in Adelaide for the 1st September, which they agreed to do.

I telephoned there partner company in Australia and was informed that my items have not left the U.k and will not leave until Mid September with an anticipated arrival date of mid October.

The company sent me an email to me stating with half container loads that they don't guarantee delivery dates, this was not explained to me, however I have an agreement with them that my items were to be in Adelaide for the start of September.

I would be interested to know if anyone has had any similar situations and where did you legally stand, as I am now having to buy items for my flat and clothing etc..
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 3:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problems with Fox removal company

If you are only using half a container, then the container doesn't leave until someone has filled the other half. The company should have made this clear to you when they drew up the contract. Then once the container is full you have to wait for the ship to fill before it will go anywhere.
I will (grudgingly) admit that my removal firm were quite clear about this, and said that because of it they could not give me an arrival date until the goods were actually on the ship, leaving the port.

No idea where you stand legally though - I guess it depends on the small print in the contract.