Reload this Page >

Problems with ACS

Problems with ACS

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Nick and Lesley is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Problems with ACS

Hello,

Has anyone had any problems with the time ACS takes to assess skills? I sent my application off in June, 4 weeks later I was requested to send some additional documents, which I sent by courier. Two days after they arrived I checked the ACS web site for my progress, it said "Awaiting Documents". A week later they were found after I sent an email with copy of the signature of the recipient in the ACS. After this they said my application would be finalised ASAP. 3 weeks after I sent an another email asking what stage my application was in, they said I should have my results "within the fortnight". Its now 2.5 weeks later and I'm wondering if I should send another email?

Nick
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 8:21 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Problems with ACS

Originally Posted by Nick and Lesley
Hello,

Has anyone had any problems with the time ACS takes to assess skills? I sent my application off in June, 4 weeks later I was requested to send some additional documents, which I sent by courier. Two days after they arrived I checked the ACS web site for my progress, it said "Awaiting Documents". A week later they were found after I sent an email with copy of the signature of the recipient in the ACS. After this they said my application would be finalised ASAP. 3 weeks after I sent an another email asking what stage my application was in, they said I should have my results "within the fortnight". Its now 2.5 weeks later and I'm wondering if I should send another email?

Nick
Maybe wait another week then contact them
Old Oct 11th 2005, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Problems with ACS

Hello,

Nick

Dear Nick,
Same condition! , just for a problem with my CC ,I had to wait 1 month more! yours sounds much better!
Tq
Old Oct 11th 2005, 7:04 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Maybe wait another week then contact them
Whats the point in waiting another week? Send an email, its been nearly 16 weeks since the application !
Old Oct 11th 2005, 8:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wargod
Whats the point in waiting another week? Send an email, its been nearly 16 weeks since the application !
I've been speaking to friends and family about it. One of my family members has a friend who knows someone who works for the ACS etc... They say "If you badger the ACS to much they put your application to the bottom of the pile." Whether this is true I don't know and is just hear say, but I've sent two email's already and I still have no points.

My partner's trade is a Hairdresser, she applied through the TRA (snail mail) we thought that it was going to take the longest to come back. it took less than a month to get her points! We thought mine would have been a rubber stamp case, having all the paper work in order and all the correspondence being on the internet, how wrong were we.

I'm composing a "tactful" email at the moment to send to them. The other thing is we are moving house at the end of the month (I hope this is not going to delay us), and I hope to have the points before then.

Nick
Old Oct 11th 2005, 8:22 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

I've been speaking to friends and family about it. One of my family members has a friend who knows someone who works for the ACS etc... They say "If you badger the ACS to much they put your application to the bottom of the pile." Whether this is true I don't know and is just hear say, but I've sent two email's already and I still have no points.

My partner's trade is a Hairdresser, she applied through the TRA (snail mail) we thought that it was going to take the longest to come back. it took less than a month to get her points! We thought mine would have been a rubber stamp case, having all the paper work in order and all the correspondence being on the internet, how wrong were we.

I'm composing a "tactful" email at the moment to send to them. The other thing is we are moving house at the end of the month (I hope this is not going to delay us), and I hope to have the points before then.

Nick
I think the key to it perhaps is as you say compose a tactful email, not so much asking when, more of is there anything else i can help with... type thing!
Old Oct 11th 2005, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

the ACS were a pain in the arse with my application and took about 6 months. Wait another week or so and then hassle them again.
Old Nov 1st 2005, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare
the ACS were a pain in the arse with my application and took about 6 months. Wait another week or so and then hassle them again.
I took your advice, on 17/10/05 I emailed the ACS with: -

"I am moving house at the end of the month (29/10/05), what is the procedure to change my address with the ACS? Also is there anything else I can do to aid the completion of my case?"

They replied on 19/10/05 with: -
"Thank you for your email.

I believe that a result for your case shall be issued this week. I will email you before sending the letter to reconfirm your current address."

Well still no points

I wish they would just say something like "We are very busy at the moment, and your application may take a few months to process because of this etc..." rather than giving me false hope

Nick
Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Know how you feel
Our application was acknowledged on 14/6/2005 on the 5 /10 we were asked for additional info which was sent. a polite e-mail was sent to the Co to see if the document had arrive and was told that it had not but when she receives it our application would be 'finalised', heard nothing up to yesterday not even that she had receices document so e-maile politelt agian and NO REPLY!!!!!!!!
Talk about frustrating
jacqui
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Know how you feel
Our application was acknowledged on 14/6/2005 on the 5 /10 we were asked for additional info which was sent. a polite e-mail was sent to the Co to see if the document had arrive and was told that it had not but when she receives it our application would be 'finalised', heard nothing up to yesterday not even that she had receices document so e-maile politelt agian and NO REPLY!!!!!!!!
Talk about frustrating
jacqui
Just got some news this morning 24/10/05 (5 months 18 days later). My application has changed from "In Process" to "With Assessor" and the text:-

"Please allow up to 10 days if living in Australia or 21 days for overseas for your result letter to arrive."

Hurray there is hope! Its a waiting game that's all, just be patient.

Nick
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Just got some news this morning 24/10/05 (5 months 18 days later). My application has changed from "In Process" to "With Assessor" and the text:-

"Please allow up to 10 days if living in Australia or 21 days for overseas for your result letter to arrive."

Hurray there is hope! Its a waiting game that's all, just be patient.

Nick
brilliant news, it won't be long
we 'got' ours 2 days ago, what an incredibile feeling
good luck
jacqui
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Nick
If we are talking about the Australian Computer Society, in my 20 years in the IT Industry in Australia, I have never seen the ACS; had them approach me; or even come within cooee of them.

Occasionally they make a bit of noise and everyone ignores them. No-one I know around Australian is a member or takes them seriously.

Unfortunately they seem to have captured the Govt's eye as an IT assessing body for immigration. Although I believe that a stoush was underway a couple of years ago as the appropriate Minister ignored them and was seriously looking at the Institute of Engineers as the body who was more capable of assessing IT skills than ACS.

I do feel for you though, the few I met years ago were dickheads. Hopefully they have improved but judging by this correspondence, it appears that they haven't.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Problems with ACS

Originally Posted by Ialibu
If we are talking about the Australian Computer Society, in my 20 years in the IT Industry in Australia, I have never seen the ACS; had them approach me; or even come within cooee of them.

Occasionally they make a bit of noise and everyone ignores them. No-one I know around Australian is a member or takes them seriously.

Unfortunately they seem to have captured the Govt's eye as an IT assessing body for immigration. Although I believe that a stoush was underway a couple of years ago as the appropriate Minister ignored them and was seriously looking at the Institute of Engineers as the body who was more capable of assessing IT skills than ACS.

I do feel for you though, the few I met years ago were dickheads. Hopefully they have improved but judging by this correspondence, it appears that they haven't.

I've finally received my points as of 30/11/05 so its all go now. Still they said they would email me before they sent the points letter to confirm my new address, but no they sent it regardless. Luckily my mail redirection was still in action Well its all behind me now, Oz here we come!

Nick
Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:11 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I've finally received my points as of 30/11/05 so its all go now. Still they said they would email me before they sent the points letter to confirm my new address, but no they sent it regardless. Luckily my mail redirection was still in action Well its all behind me now, Oz here we come!

Nick
Well done to you
Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

stokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ialibu

That just about confirms what I had thought was the case.

Their website information is sketchy at best not to mention looks like it's been designed by a bunch of school kids.

I sent them an email a while back asking how I should present evidence about an MCSD etc. They sent one back saying the couldn't comment on individual cases.

I wrote a very sympathetic email back saying that perhaps they had misunderstood my email, when it was obvious to me they hadn't even read it. Needless to say I didn't get any response.

I'm hoping on my 457 business sponsored visa app coming up soon that i won't have to bother with them because they sound like a right bunch of jobsworths.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.