Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Problem with visa application

Problem with visa application

Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

sue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura about
Default Problem with visa application

I recently sent my visa application to Adelaide and they have requested meds and pcc.

I applied for a Class BQ, subclass 138 Skilled - Australian Sponsored Visa.

However I have just noticed on the letter they have sent me that it says I have applied for a Class BN, subclass 136 Skilled - Independant Visa.

I am filling in my medical forms and now I don't know which visa to put. The one I have applied for or the one they say I have applied for.

Incedently they have also sent me a letter 'Assurance of Support' to send to my sponsor in Australia for her to take to Centrelink

I am confused. I have my medicals on the 29th Sep and need to know which visa class I am.

Can anyone help?
Old Sep 4th 2004, 2:08 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problem with visa application

give them a call, otherwise it could hold things up. However you don't need an assurer for skilled independant
Old Sep 4th 2004, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Yep they must have made a mistake, I applied for a BN, 136 and definately did not need a letter of assurrance of support as it is independant. The person who sent out the forms to you must have been having a bad day. Phone them up and ask them for clarification.

Good luck
Old Sep 4th 2004, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

sue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura aboutsue_parker has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for your replies. I will e-mail my case officer.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 5:35 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Legally you've applied for the visa where you ticked the box on the application form. I hope you've kept a copy.

If DIMIA acknowledged it incorrectly than that's their problem. You need to clarify that with Adelaide.

Jeremy

Originally Posted by sue_parker
I recently sent my visa application to Adelaide and they have requested meds and pcc.

I applied for a Class BQ, subclass 138 Skilled - Australian Sponsored Visa.

However I have just noticed on the letter they have sent me that it says I have applied for a Class BN, subclass 136 Skilled - Independant Visa.

I am filling in my medical forms and now I don't know which visa to put. The one I have applied for or the one they say I have applied for.

Incedently they have also sent me a letter 'Assurance of Support' to send to my sponsor in Australia for her to take to Centrelink

I am confused. I have my medicals on the 29th Sep and need to know which visa class I am.

Can anyone help?
Old Sep 6th 2004, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Legally you've applied for the visa where you ticked the box on the application form. I hope you've kept a copy.

If DIMIA acknowledged it incorrectly than that's their problem. You need to clarify that with Adelaide.

Jeremy
Thanks for your reply Jeremy.

I know which visa I have applied for and I think they have made the mistake.
Why would the send me the assurance of support letter if I was applying for skilled independant?

Sue
Old Sep 6th 2004, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Sue - when did you apply? We applied for the Aus sponsered visa in Feb and still waiting for meds and police checks.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
Sue - when did you apply? We applied for the Aus sponsered visa in Feb and still waiting for meds and police checks.
Hi Lucy, applied 29th July. Medicals and pcc requested 2nd September.

Sue
Old Sep 6th 2004, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Do you have an MODL job? Bit concerned we haven't heard anything now!!!

Sue[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 7th 2004, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=lucy.summers]Do you have an MODL job? Bit concerned we haven't heard anything now!!!

I am a registered nurse lucy. Is your job on the MODL?
Old Sep 7th 2004, 4:40 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue

We sent our visa application 25th Aug and we are awaiting pcc and med request how long did it take to get yours back and when did you send it in.

Can't offer any advice on your problem but the 136 is the same as yours just with no sponsors.

Thanks for your help

Deb
Old Sep 7th 2004, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=sue_parker]
Originally Posted by lucy.summers
Do you have an MODL job? Bit concerned we haven't heard anything now!!!

I am a registered nurse lucy. Is your job on the MODL?
No - think that explains it!