Old Dec 28th 2008, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

susanmj will become famous soon enoughsusanmj will become famous soon enough
Default problem with NT

was just woundering if any one is having the same tuff time of it as we are
after finding out mine and hubbys skills are on there shortage list
am a aged care worler hubby is cable layer/contruction plant op
i must have sent 1000s of cvs off and yet nothing
anyone else wanting to go to the NT and finding it hard ?
Old Dec 28th 2008, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Default Re: problem with NT

Originally Posted by susanmj
Sadly you probably won't get a response until you are actually here. Seems to be the same Australia-wide.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Gordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really niceGordo Marshall is just really nice
Default Re: problem with NT

Originally Posted by susanmj
Hi

Yes, like the other respondent, I can say having lived in Australia for 7 years, and in the NT for 3 of those, it is the same Australia-wide - in that people will not take you seriously until you have your feet on the the ground. You can get your qualifications assessed by the appropriate body before you leave for Australia though. See the DIMIA website and links. That of course is not the same as actually gaining that elusive first job. In Alice Springs (especially) and Darwin though, it is worth considering turing your hand to anything to begin with (and this is what many people do) just to get a foot in. Make contacts there, and work tends to be word of mouth in the NT.

Word of note about NT at the current time though - house prices, esp in Darwin are through the roof, due to mining, remoteness and the upcoming developments off the coast up there. Renting anything decent is very tricky indeed.

In Alice Springs the house prices have levelled out, but still exi, and rentals (good ones that is) are tricky to secure, unless you wish to live on the Golf Course estate and our av rent will be around 400 to 500 per week. You want to live on the East Side of the Todd River and town though, as that is the nicest and nicer properties. And also around the Gold Course Estate as I have said (also on the East Side).

Hope this helps

G