Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is this a problem or not???????

Is this a problem or not???????

Old Jan 21st 2004, 7:48 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this a problem or not???????

We have just had our passports returned after being evidenced.
Due to threads we have read in the past we checked the passport orange visas carefully.
We have found that although they have got the names right, they have mixed up the passport numbers giving my son Tom, Joe's passport number and vice versa.
We have tried to contact the high commission but had no joy speaking to a human being (Answer machines only)
Do you think this could be a problem if we leave it and arrive in OZ as they are?
Thoughts appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 7:50 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this a problem or not???????

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
Due to threads we have read in the past we checked the passport orange visas carefully.
We have found that although they have got the names right, they have mixed up the passport numbers giving my son Tom, Joe's passport number and vice versa.
We have tried to contact the high commission but had no joy speaking to a human being (Answer machines only)
Do you think this could be a problem if we leave it and arrive in OZ as they are?
Thoughts appreciated.

Cheers.

crikey, when they get it wrong, they get it wrong!!!!!
makes you wonder doesnt it!!!???
Hope you get an answer to your dilemma.....are you travelling to Oz soon??

sue
Old Jan 21st 2004, 7:50 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

If they check as carefully as you have, it might be.

Nightmare!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 7:56 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
crikey, when they get it wrong, they get it wrong!!!!!
makes you wonder doesnt it!!!???
Hope you get an answer to your dilemma.....are you travelling to Oz soon??

sue
Hi Sue
We are going in late August early September, Unsure yet.
We will try again tomorrow and try to speak to somebody at the High Commission.
Great forum name by the way, We also have twins 13 now, and were still tired.

Cheers.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 7:59 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

We also have twins 13 now, and were still tired.

Cheers.
oh no.....*sob* ....please tell me it gets easier....!!!???? I think I may well fail my medical on mental health grounds cos my 2 drive me round the bend!!!!!

good luck with the passport thing.....might see you in adelaide as thats where we hope to end up!! (hopefully by the end of the year)
sue
Old Jan 21st 2004, 8:21 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
oh no.....*sob* ....please tell me it gets easier....!!!???? I think I may well fail my medical on mental health grounds cos my 2 drive me round the bend!!!!!

good luck with the passport thing.....might see you in adelaide as thats where we hope to end up!! (hopefully by the end of the year)
sue

Sorry Sue only Joking.
We wouldnt change them for the world, They are like chalk and cheese. One is up early in the morning hounding the other one to get up and get off to school. (Terrified of being late, also sports mad. Other one does not have a care in the world, would be quite happy to turn up at lunchtime. (Computer mad)

We would love to meet up in the summer, We hope everything goes alright for you and your family with the visa, and will see you there.

Cheers.

Old Jan 21st 2004, 11:52 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Thoughts appreciated.

Cheers.
I'd definitely get it looked in to.

It may, or may not be a problem on arrival but at least they will have access to information regarding the visa.

It might be more of a problem in some stopover destination where they are required to check your visa before letting you board the plane to Australia.

I'm sure there was a similar thread a while ago, you might want to search for it.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 11:55 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by renth
I'd definitely get it looked in to.

It may, or may not be a problem on arrival but at least they will have access to information regarding the visa.

It might be more of a problem in some stopover destination where they are required to check your visa before letting you board the plane to Australia.

I'm sure there was a similar thread a while ago, you might want to search for it.
You are correct renth. The person who posted made the airline ring DIMIA and they were OK but not the sort of stree you need when emigrating with kids in tow. I would post the passports back to where you sent them originally with an enclosed letter explaining the situation.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:02 am
Just Joined

ssmith is an unknown quantity at this point

I would get it sorted before you go. We once arrived at Heathrow with visas (piece of paper in passports in those days no electronic visas like now) Children were not on visa, they wouldnt let us leave because Oz wouldnt have accepted them in the country. Anyway after many phone calls by airline staff it eventually turned out to be person dealing with visas had forgotten to add kids and so he had to put it right cos it was their fault so they did this by faxing over correct details which immigration in Oz accepted. As this is their mistake also I would contact them (try faxing them) to get a correction made.