Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Private Schools Perth North of River

Private Schools Perth North of River

Old Aug 21st 2009, 12:13 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Private Schools Perth North of River

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am not in boundary for Ocean Reef, I am zoned for Belridge. As long as I have a hole in my arse my kids will not be going there.
Exactly - it's chav central. I can still picture the pommy chav I saw walking to school, smoking, with his Burberry baseball cap and hoops in each ear.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE

My daughter has just been offered a year 8 place for 2011 at St Marks. To say I am excited is an understatement. Some would argue that this still isn't the best school but it is a million times better than my catchment High School.
I am pleased you got the school you wanted for your daughter.I have no idea what St Marks is like not that it matters one bit as you do what is the best for your children sod it what anyone else thinks!Sue.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
Who cares what you think? stop trying to piss on our bonfire.
Excuse me i wasn't trying to piss on your bonfire,that was a bit uncalled for. My kids (adults and parent themselves) are 31,28 and 25. No such thing as chavs then (hadnt heard the word until last year).No suburbs north of Ocean Reef except Old Quinns when my son began high school.Not many English people around at all.My children didn't go to private school as we couldn't afford to put 3 of them through.I was doing my degree at ECU at the time and hubby was building up a business.(yes that was our choice)

Personally, I don't think its the end of the world if you can't get your kids into the private school of your choice.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:09 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
Personally, I don't think its the end of the world if you can't get your kids into the private school of your choice.
I think with the state of government schools around here it might not be the end of the world but it would be a pretty dire situation to find yourself in.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 9:21 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I think with the state of government schools around here it might not be the end of the world but it would be a pretty dire situation to find yourself in.
Yes, if we hadn't got M into St Stephens we would be house hunting around Duncraig now.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 9:22 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

I am not in boundary for Ocean Reef, I am zoned for Belridge. As long as I have a hole in my arse my kids will not be going there. After 4 long years of waiting I have finally got a place at my preferred school. I appreciate that all schools have problems but think I will take my chances at St Marks if Belridge is the alternative.
Good for you NB

The best gift you can give your children is the best education you can provide.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 9:25 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
Excuse me i wasn't trying to piss on your bonfire,that was a bit uncalled for. My kids (adults and parent themselves) are 31,28 and 25. No such thing as chavs then (hadnt heard the word until last year).No suburbs north of Ocean Reef except Old Quinns when my son began high school.Not many English people around at all.My children didn't go to private school as we couldn't afford to put 3 of them through.I was doing my degree at ECU at the time and hubby was building up a business.(yes that was our choice)

So dont piss on those who have got their kids in a private school of their choice.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Any reviews of St Stephens in Carramar? The table that NKSK posted showed their results as being much worse than St Stephens in Duncraig, but I guess that might just be one year?
Old Aug 21st 2009, 10:29 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

It would be the end of my world if Belridge was my only choice
Old Aug 21st 2009, 10:47 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Family of 3
Any reviews of St Stephens in Carramar? The table that NKSK posted showed their results as being much worse than St Stephens in Duncraig, but I guess that might just be one year?
Excellent school. Generally the TEE results are pretty much on par with the Duncraig campus. I have visited several times and have always been highly impressed with the students, staff and facilities.

I even visited in my capacity as a firefighter, not as a prospective parent and felt that it was definitely the type of school my kids would thrive at.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

reading all these posts I thank God every day that my daughter spend most of her school years in a country where there are no private schools (98% public I would say). It was straight forward, you picked the school you thought would suit the child and the parents academic preference. There was no such thing that only x amounts of students could go to school y or z. It levelled itself out, not all were rushing to one particular school. Here I would do the same as most of you, trying to get my child in the best school which I possibly could afford. I feel sorry for all those who have bright children but not enough money to make this choice.

I guess what would put me off here is the religious denomination that comes with private schools. I'm not a believer.

Last edited by Evelin; Aug 21st 2009 at 11:21 am.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent school. Generally the TEE results are pretty much on par with the Duncraig campus. I have visited several times and have always been highly impressed with the students, staff and facilities.

I even visited in my capacity as a firefighter, not as a prospective parent and felt that it was definitely the type of school my kids would thrive at.
Thanks for that. Our boy is only 2.5 and we're not even there yet, but reading all these threads has scared me!
Old Aug 21st 2009, 1:42 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
Thanks for that. Our boy is only 2.5 and we're not even there yet, but reading all these threads has scared me!
All I would say is that even if you don't know where you will be put your name down at the decent schools in the rough area you will be. It will cost you a few hundred dollars but worth it in the end.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

This may sound a little preemptive but our bundle of joy is 4 months old - how soon should we get her name down for senior school?

We live 100 yards from Joondalup Primary so the two closest senior schools would be St Stephens Carramar and Lake Joondalup baptist.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 9:39 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare
This may sound a little preemptive but our bundle of joy is 4 months old - how soon should we get her name down for senior school?

We live 100 yards from Joondalup Primary so the two closest senior schools would be St Stephens Carramar and Lake Joondalup baptist.
Around here, at the time of conception is not too early!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.