Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Private Schools Perth North of River

Private Schools Perth North of River

Old Aug 20th 2009, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future
Default Re: Private Schools Perth North of River

Originally Posted by northernbird
UPDATE

My daughter has just been offered a year 8 place for 2011 at St Marks. To say I am excited is an understatement. Some would argue that this still isn't the best school but it is a million times better than my catchment High School.
Congratulations that must be a huge weight off your mind.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 8:36 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoveactually
Congratulations that must be a huge weight off your mind.
I cried at work today I was so relieved. The closer it got the worse I was feeling. It means she can graduate our lovely primary school too, I was worried I would be offered year 7 and she would miss out on all the fun year 7 stuff in primary.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

I cried at work today I was so relieved. The closer it got the worse I was feeling. It means she can graduate our lovely primary school too, I was worried I would be offered year 7 and she would miss out on all the fun year 7 stuff in primary.
Still haven't sorted out my oldest who also goes into year 8 in 2011 I just hope it all works out in the end without too many more grey hairs!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 9:50 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations NB. Your daughter and my 2 girls will be classmates!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:06 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoveactually
Still haven't sorted out my oldest who also goes into year 8 in 2011 I just hope it all works out in the end without too many more grey hairs!
I know the feeling. Fingers crossed for you.

Originally Posted by renth
Thanks Renth. Any news on a place for your son? Also, how was Blighty??
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:47 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Did you get accepted for St Stephens but choose St Marks then as you were ahead of us in the queue? We heard a couple of weeks ago we got our daughter accepted for St Stephens and that was a huge relief too - especially as it is walking distance.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE

My daughter has just been offered a year 8 place for 2011 at St Marks. To say I am excited is an understatement. Some would argue that this still isn't the best school but it is a million times better than my catchment High School.
I know the feeling so well.We had all the stress trying to get my daughter in to our preferred school and then got that letter.Its a huge relief and it makes you feel so happy.Well done.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

My kids (3 of them) went to Ocean Reef and a friend (single mum) put her daughter into Prindiville.She was not heating the house,utilities stacking up,her appearance went down the gurgler just to send her daughter to a good school.She (the daughter) was bullied,got into drugs you name it.Eventually she put her into another school but the damage had already been done.Just because its a private school does not always mean they get a better education,but you would hope so paying the fees they charge.I also think it very much depends on how much a child is encouraged to do well, be it teachers or parents.Maybe they ought to do what we had when i did my schooling.They had one or two private schools (lawyers,etc kids).you sat your 11 plus and went either to the ordinary secondary school or to the academies if you were above average.Sorry this isn't really helping your predicament.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice

I heard through my youngest, she said you were so pleased. Such good news for you, from what I have seen it seems a great school.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:05 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
My kids (3 of them) went to Ocean Reef and a friend (single mum) put her daughter into Prindiville.She was not heating the house,utilities stacking up,her appearance went down the gurgler just to send her daughter to a good school.She (the daughter) was bullied,got into drugs you name it.Eventually she put her into another school but the damage had already been done.Just because its a private school does not always mean they get a better education,but you would hope so paying the fees they charge.I also think it very much depends on how much a child is encouraged to do well, be it teachers or parents.Maybe they ought to do what we had when i did my schooling.They had one or two private schools (lawyers,etc kids).you sat your 11 plus and went either to the ordinary secondary school or to the academies if you were above average.Sorry this isn't really helping your predicament.
I am not in boundary for Ocean Reef, I am zoned for Belridge. As long as I have a hole in my arse my kids will not be going there. After 4 long years of waiting I have finally got a place at my preferred school. I appreciate that all schools have problems but think I will take my chances at St Marks if Belridge is the alternative.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:06 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by brickies wife
I heard through my youngest, she said you were so pleased. Such good news for you, from what I have seen it seems a great school.
Thanks love, really appreciate that. Did your daughter feel better later??
Old Aug 20th 2009, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

brickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nicebrickies wife is just really nice

Thanks love, really appreciate that. Did your daughter feel better later??
Yes she was fine once we got home, we will see how she feels in the morning.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 12:06 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Renth. Any news on a place for your son? Also, how was Blighty??
He's starting St Marks in Year 7 next year. I would have been more than happy with St Stephens where he also has a place offered. We are going to leave our options open until the last minute, who knows what might happen, St Marks might get struck by a meteorite!!

He also sat the exam to get in to Perth Modern, so we will need to await the outcome of that too but I don't rate his chances.

Blighty? well, I can't believe how cheap everything is compared to Oz (apart from petrol) other than that it rained every day, the roads were at a standstill and the trains were full of loud wankers braying into their mobile phones, black people sucking their teeth and muttereing about "bumbaclaats" and on the last day my son and I were joined on the train by a couple of heroin addicts, one with a dog on a piece of string talking about how they couldn't wait to get home so they could have a "dig".

So basically Britain is still the same - one almighty open sewer albeit with nice countryside, curry and beer.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 12:07 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by worzel
Did you get accepted for St Stephens but choose St Marks then as you were ahead of us in the queue? We heard a couple of weeks ago we got our daughter accepted for St Stephens and that was a huge relief too - especially as it is walking distance.
That's correct.

Fantastic news Worzel, a great relief - I know exactly how it feels!

Last edited by renth; Aug 21st 2009 at 12:10 am.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 12:07 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
Who cares what you think? stop trying to piss on our bonfire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.