Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Private Schools Mandurah / Rockingham WA

Private Schools Mandurah / Rockingham WA

Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Private Schools Mandurah / Rockingham WA

Hi there,

Hubby and I wanted to take a look around a few private schools and wondered if you guys had any suggestions around the Mandurah / Rockingham area. My DD has started Kindy this year with DS due to follow in 2010 but I would like to review and make some decisions about their education in the coming months.

I remember calling Fredwick Irwin (spelling) and you basically needed to have your name down at the time of conception to get in.

Any thoughts and information would be much appreciated.

Poppet
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Private Schools Mandurah / Rockingham WA

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Hi there,

Hubby and I wanted to take a look around a few private schools and wondered if you guys had any suggestions around the Mandurah / Rockingham area. My DD has started Kindy this year with DS due to follow in 2010 but I would like to review and make some decisions about their education in the coming months.

I remember calling Fredwick Irwin (spelling) and you basically needed to have your name down at the time of conception to get in.

Any thoughts and information would be much appreciated.

Poppet
Any views on Tranby College, Baldivis???
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

My neighbour's kids all went to Tranby College, they all did fine and she volunteered there in the school canteen, she was quite happy with their education. Frederick Irwin is ranked as no.1 in the league tables for the Peel region, that's why it's so hard to get in. But it only costs about $35 to get onto the waiting list if you want to try. Also look out for the scholarship tests that are advertised each year in the paper.

Otherwise all the private schools around here have a good reputation, you could look at Foundation Christian College (but need to fill out detailed religious answers in the application), Mandurah Catholic College or the new Mandurah Baptist School.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future

MY SON IS AT MARANATHA CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, WAIKIKI.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 3:50 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

tranby has a fair reputation, kolbe college not so much, freddie irwin (freddie gherkin)-the holy grail, maranatha has a good reputation, my daughter goes to mandurah baptist college -I am extremely pleased with it there. one bit of advice, do thoroughly check whats included in fees often lots isnt included and I know of people paying a considerable amount extra over the year- bear in mind that everyone has to pay for books and uniform- that is never included in fees. hope this helps