Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Private Messages

Private Messages

Old May 17th 2004, 5:49 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Question Private Messages

How come my PM box is empty but I still get E mails saying so & so tried to PM you but your box is full.
Ive deleted all messages but still get the E mails.
Old May 17th 2004, 6:16 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Private Messages

Originally posted by Bordy
How come my PM box is empty but I still get E mails saying so & so tried to PM you but your box is full.

You need to check your Sent box as well
Old May 17th 2004, 6:22 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by HUP
You need to check your Sent box as well
Cheers HUP, only was two but now cleared.
Old May 17th 2004, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Originally posted by Bordy
Hi guys,

Hope you are fine. We can't wait to return to Oz.

Just feel the need to say to someone that I can't below how much stamp duty is in Victoria:scared: .

I've had a look at the realestate site calculator & it appears it's calculated on the purchase price & the loan. Do you know how it works exactly & whether its best to put down as much money on the property as you can or vice versa.

Also, do you get any tax relief on having a home loan?

Any wise words would be helpful.. I think we may seek some financial advice from someone.

Thanks
CarolineG & family x
Old May 17th 2004, 8:26 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Caroline G
Hi guys,

Hope you are fine. We can't wait to return to Oz.

Just feel the need to say to someone that I can't below how much stamp duty is in Victoria:scared: .

I've had a look at the realestate site calculator & it appears it's calculated on the purchase price & the loan. Do you know how it works exactly & whether its best to put down as much money on the property as you can or vice versa.

Also, do you get any tax relief on having a home loan?

Any wise words would be helpful.. I think we may seek some financial advice from someone.

Thanks
CarolineG & family x
Stamp duty is calculated on the purchase price of the property, and a separate duty on the amount of mortgage being taken.

The stamp duty on the mortgage is not much, especially in comparison to the amount on the purchase price.

Is the calculator up to date ?

NO tax relief on Home loans, thats only avalable if you rent the property out.

Old May 17th 2004, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Stamp duty is calculated on the purchase price of the property, and a separate duty on the amount of mortgage being taken.

The stamp duty on the mortgage is not much, especially in comparison to the amount on the purchase price.

Is the calculator up to date ?

NO tax relief on Home loans, thats only avalable if you rent the property out.
Thanks ABC. Not sure if the calculator is up to date. I used the one on realestate.com.

I'll have to got have another look and make sure I'm not being dippey....