Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Private Medical Insurance - WA

Private Medical Insurance - WA

Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

GraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to all
Question Private Medical Insurance - WA

We have just received a quotation for medical cover at $220 per month.

Does this seem normal for a family of 3.

My initial thought was high at almost 100GBP.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:53 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Private Medical Insurance - WA

Originally Posted by GraemeS
We have just received a quotation for medical cover at $220 per month.

Does this seem normal for a family of 3.

My initial thought was high at almost 100GBP.
We pay about that for 3 of us. I get a discount of 5-10% because I pay my premiums through payroll (VIP they call it). I also get about half of it paid by the company. But as the basic premium - that sounds about right for top hospital and extras.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

GraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to allGraemeS is a name known to all

Originally Posted by worzel
We pay about that for 3 of us. I get a discount of 5-10% because I pay my premiums through payroll (VIP they call it). I also get about half of it paid by the company. But as the basic premium - that sounds about right for top hospital and extras.
cheers, better add that to the budget.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

We pay ours annually, there are now three of us and the premium this year has gone up (!) to $1,391.25
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:53 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a single and pay $95 per month for top hospital and extras - so double and a bit more for three sounds right. I personally think it's worth every cent!