Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Private Healthcare

Private Healthcare

Old Jul 31st 2004, 5:48 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Private Healthcare

Please can you all give me your recommendations for good private healthcare company's in Oz, and any pitfalls or snags I should look out for?

Thanks
Lucy
Old Jul 31st 2004, 6:43 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Private Healthcare

Originally posted by lucyb
Please can you all give me your recommendations for good private healthcare company's in Oz, and any pitfalls or snags I should look out for?

Thanks
Lucy
Lucy,

This website will answer every question you have on private health and medical care:

http://www.iselect.com.au/

25 days until we go to Brisbane
Old Jul 31st 2004, 7:02 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Private Healthcare

Originally posted by lucyb

Thanks
Lucy
My family in Oz swear by Medibank but I am sure everyone will have their own stoies of what is good or bad.

All I can say is that my uncle in Oz got the big C and unforunately passed away a couple of years ago, however Medibank were fantastic and covered everything, leaving my Aunt (whose house Jill and the little un' are living in) not to have to worry at a very stressful time.

Good luck with your research, its one of those subjects where you won't do right for doing wrong I'm sure.

Best wishes

Warren

Old Jul 31st 2004, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I have heard good things about Medibank Private, MBF and Manchester Unity. Their sites are all available online.
Old Aug 1st 2004, 1:33 am
Just Joined

Cestrian is an unknown quantity at this point

I found NIB to be the cheapest and most helpful. See:

www.nib.com.au/