Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Private health insurance

Private health insurance

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:02 pm
Oz Passport Holder ;)

Julez82 is on a distinguished road
Default Private health insurance

I'm busy researching everything I'm going to need and am considering private health insurance. I've had one quote that ranged from A$200 + per month!! This did have 'extras' included in the quote.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction regarding these providers?
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all
Default Re: Private health insurance

Originally Posted by Julez82
I'm busy researching everything I'm going to need and am considering private health insurance. I've had one quote that ranged from A$200 + per month!! This did have 'extras' included in the quote.

Hey,

we use MEDIBANK Private...family of four. Hospital + extras $ just over $200 per month.
Tan
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

Hey Julez82

We have our health policies through NRMA (http://www.nrma.com.au/pub/nrma/health/index.shtml), as well as our car & house insurance - the more you have the bigger discounts you get etc. About $120 for 2 people per month...

Not saying these are the best or the cheapest, but they are a large reputable company and we're happy with them (so far!).

Gav
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

BTW, where in St Albans are you moving from? We used to live near the King Harry pub in St Stephens off the Watford Road!

Gav
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:35 am
Oz Passport Holder ;)

Originally Posted by gavstrad
BTW, where in St Albans are you moving from? We used to live near the King Harry pub in St Stephens off the Watford Road!

Gav
I'm moving from Marshalswick! Just off The Ridgeway. I've only been living in St. Albans for about 9 months so haven't had enough time to check out the pubs.

What a small world! I know there are a few people here from St. Albans/Harpenden...
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm moving from Marshalswick! Just off The Ridgeway. I've only been living in St. Albans for about 9 months so haven't had enough time to check out the pubs.

What a small world! I know there are a few people here from St. Albans/Harpenden...
King Harry is a great little pub on the south side near Chiswell Green, we had our leaving party there (I think we did anyway - bit drunk!).

Keep in touch then and we'll meet up when you're over...

Gav
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:02 pm
Oz Passport Holder ;)

Originally Posted by gavstrad
King Harry is a great little pub on the south side near Chiswell Green, we had our leaving party there (I think we did anyway - bit drunk!).

Keep in touch then and we'll meet up when you're over...

Gav
I will do Gav, cheers for that!

Jules