Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Prison Officer not on list - how can he go?

Prison Officer not on list - how can he go?

Old Sep 27th 2005, 1:28 pm
Don't mention the Spiders

GoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant future
Default Prison Officer not on list - how can he go?

Hi,

My best mate wants to emigrate with me, but Prison Officer is not on the list - has anyone got any bright ideas of other routes to get in? (no family out there)

Thanks.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Prison Officer not on list - how can he go?

Originally Posted by GoingToOz
Hi,

My best mate wants to emigrate with me, but Prison Officer is not on the list - has anyone got any bright ideas of other routes to get in? (no family out there)

Thanks.
Hi my hubby joined the RAN,he was in the RN in uk so that helped but my mates hubby was a prison officer in uk also did 6yrs in RN before that and got in here. and also joined the RAN.......has he done any time in the uk forces before he was a prison officer,just a thought.............Hutchy............
Old Sep 27th 2005, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hutchy
Hi my hubby joined the RAN,he was in the RN in uk so that helped but my mates hubby was a prison officer in uk also did 6yrs in RN before that and got in here. and also joined the RAN.......has he done any time in the uk forces before he was a prison officer,just a thought.............Hutchy............
Does he have the colateral to buy/start a business in Oz? Business visa could be the way to go.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:26 pm
Don't mention the Spiders

GoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant futureGoingToOz has a brilliant future

No forces experience, and not enough collateral

Any more ideas?

I will bung this on the immigration forum too.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GoingToOz
No forces experience, and not enough collateral

Any more ideas?

I will bung this on the immigration forum too.
Hi GTO

My sisters friend joined the Australian Navy, he was a Prison Officer. He went out to Perth last year and is in training at the moment, as far as I know he didnt have any previous forces experience.

BTW you cant go out on a business visa unless you own a business already and meet the required criteria.

Hope your mate can find a way in.

B
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:42 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PJ & B
Hi GTO

My sisters friend joined the Australian Navy, he was a Prison Officer. He went out to Perth last year and is in training at the moment, as far as I know he didnt have any previous forces experience.

BTW you cant go out on a business visa unless you own a business already and meet the required criteria.

Hope your mate can find a way in.

B
Good reply.

Thought if you drafted a bizz plan and showed assets you could go on bizz visa.??

Or wasnt that the case or its changed ?

Steve
Old Sep 27th 2005, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Good reply.

Thought if you drafted a bizz plan and showed assets you could go on bizz visa.??

Or wasnt that the case or its changed ?

Steve
Hi Steve

We just got our visa its a State Sponsored Business Owner Provisional. You have to have owned and managed a business for 2 of the last 4 years with net assets in business of $300,000 and have at least a 10% share in the business. Personal and business assets of $250,00. Or you can go on this visa if you have been in a Senior Management role for at least 4 years. You have to supply a business plan and proof of the above with your application.

Apparently you used to be able to just go out and start a business if you had the assets, but so many failed as they did not have any previous business experience so they changed the criteria.

Hope this info helps

B